Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Halifax Clarity card issues

Currently here in Orlando. Today my Clarity card was declined for use to pay for parking on way into animal kingdom. I also couldn't use it for mobile food ordering a few days ago. Yet I used it in the Disney store in Disney Springs to spend over $100 no problem. Anyone have any idea why I am having these issues and how to overcome them. My clarity card is my main method of spending while here. :-(

Actually. I didn't use the card in Disney Springs.

Just been on the phone to Halifax while making way to queue for safari in animal kingdom. It's to do with my card being swiped rather than chip and pin apparently. So now after 20 mins on the phone and hopefully my block on card lifted I am back in the queue for the safari. Halifax where on about always using chip and pin. I explained to them that we have only been asked for chip and pin twice during our trip so far and surely they must know that swiping is still common in the US. My advice at the moment is to check with Halifax before you travel. Not impressed so far.

Edited at 02:22 PM.
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

I'd suggest getting on the phone to them asap. Perhaps it's a form of security? Be interesting to know why as we're taking one when we go as main spends

Edited at 02:04 PM.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydonna
Gone all Goofy

i had this issue with my halifax card but when I spoke to them they said that if you are making lots of contactless payments it may just want you to use your card by entering your pin to check its still you.
disneydonna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’ve been using mine almost exclusively for the last week with no issues. Sometimes I need a pin sometimes I don’t. It seems sporadic as to which.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970

Mobile

Hopefully it's sorted now. The Halifax woman reckons I should ask to use chip and pin? I did explain that surely they would know, being in the finance world, that in the US swiping alone is still widely carried out. ≈≈≈. Do you guys ask for chip and pin when making a purchase? We didn't get the option at the gate when paying for parking. She just took the card.
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'd just get a bit firm with them. Make sure they let you use chip n pin or contactless.
Old 28 Jul 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trebor1 View Post
I'd just get a bit firm with them. Make sure they let you use chip n pin or contactless.
I told them while I was on the phone with them that I wasn't actually getting to see any attractions or rides. Thanks to their card lol.
Old 28 Jul 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
josie112
Imagineer

We're planning to use our Clarity cards as often as possible for our trip in Set/Oct this year so this is a bit worrying. Would it be better to call Halifax before we travel and let them know we'll be in Florida and may have to swipe?
2000 - Crescent Lakes Villa, 2003 - Briargrove Villa, 2005 - Briargrove Villa, 2005 - New York, 2006 - Briargrove Villa, 2006 - Portugal, 2007 - Briargrove Villa, 2009 - Tuscan Hills Villa, 2010 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2011 - Highlands Reserve Villa, 2012 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2014 - Highlands Reserve Villa, 2015 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2017 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2019 - Highlands Reserve Villa
josie112 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
After problems like this last year, we're just taking cash for offsite and charging back to our room onsite, so we're only using it at our resort.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Did you tell them you were going away? I thought you didn’t have to anymore but I could be wrong
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List