Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Jul 19, 04:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi, we rode it tonight (29th) and it is fantastic. It was a far from straight forward process though. We arrived at the entrance about 7:55am, with a good 150-200 people in front. We were let in at 8:30am when people started running, we were then held at Seuss until 9am and again people started running which was awful as we were all tightly packed together. At around 9:25am we were told to leave the queue and offered a one off express pass for anything other than Hagrid. Lots of very disappointed people. The ride didn’t open until mid afternoon and was only open for a couple of hours. We were busy at Universal Studios at this point. Anyway jump forward to 9pm and as I was literally about to buy a Butterbeer from the cart, I noticed the ride was being tested and the sign said slight delay. There were only about 30-40 people hanging around and then there was an almighty cheer so we abandoned the Butterbeer and ran into the line. We were on the ride within 20 minutes and my wasted morning was totally forgotten about. I had a celebratory Butterbeer afterwards.

Edited at 05:32 PM.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I think it is hit and miss but I do wish that the TM would walk the queue to the holding points as someone could get seriously injured in the rush.
Old 30 Jul 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

My auntie, uncle and cousins are there at the moment and my auntie text me on Saturday to say they arrived before park opening and went straight at rope drop and waited 1 hour in the queue. They also said it was totally awesome

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
thelegalbeagle
Proud to wear my Ears

Arrived at about 8.20 on Sunday. After the gate wait, then the Seuss wait, we were in and on before 10am (and that wasn't single rider)
thelegalbeagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

ok cool so it looks like we should just get there for opening and head straight there...

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by thelegalbeagle View Post
Arrived at about 8.20 on Sunday. After the gate wait, then the Seuss wait, we were in and on before 10am (and that wasn't single rider)
Is the wait at the gate and Seuss really packed? Have seen some footage that looks too much for a nervous member of our party.
Old 30 Jul 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartman
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Not the there but according to the universal app it's still open at 6:15pm Orlando time with a 90 min wait which is promising.
Bartman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We joined the queue at 60 mins straight from rope drop but it took 2 1/2 hours to get on the ride. That was on Friday morning.
Old 31 Jul 19, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
Is the wait at the gate and Seuss really packed? Have seen some footage that looks too much for a nervous member of our party.
The main gate is fine as you are in proper lines waiting to be scanned and the stampede to Seuss is more spread out but the Seuss part was awful and I really felt for families with young kids. The cast members do shout “do not run” but most people don’t take any notice. I’m so pleased I was able to just pop on at re-opening and it was fabulous experiencing it at night time.

Edited at 03:15 AM.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 03:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Marilou
Trying for More Ears

We managed to get on again this morning: did the same as last week and arrived for opening, this time there weren’t any crowds at Seuss, just lots of fast walkers. Last week there were crowds but no argy-bargy and certainly no sardines. We didn’t see any actually running at all either last week or today. The queue started just into Lost Continent and kept moving most of the time. The biggest bundle last week was when we got to the lockers just by entrance to Hogsmead. This morning however, the cast members pointed out that there were more lockers just at the start of the ‘proper’ entrance and we continued on to those ones. Myself and one of our group took everyone else’s belongings and went ahead to the lockers, then rejoined the queue as our party caught up. Have to say that later in the day, there was no queue at all outside the entrance to the ride which would make me think that the wait from there would be about 1.5 - 2 hours. We asked a cast member about the wait times and she said they tend to put 120+/180+ time up as generally it will get to that point at some point through the day, and it may not actually take that time if there are no glitches... make of that what you will. If you can manage a wait and have the time, I would say it is def worth it - all members of our party (aged from 62 down to 11) scored the ride 10/10 (which is why we queued up on our last morning to ride it again - also because we don’t know if we’ll ever get back...)

Edited at 03:55 AM.
Marilou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List