Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Aug 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We ordered ours (well, ordered DD’s) a few weeks ago and got an email yesterday advising it’ll be waiting to be picked up when we check in, in over a year’s time - Sep 2020.

Hope that helps
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Four came up a couple of weeks ago that we liked so I just went ahead and ordered. I got straight through to the payment screen once I'd loaded my credit card onto the system. I got an email straight away saying they would be sent to the resort and two weeks later they are still there on MDE so seems to be fine. I ordered in the morning which seems to be more successful. I'm not looking anymore as there are bound to be other bands we like but I'm happy with what we've got.
Old 11 Aug 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by MonkeyNut View Post
As far as I know they send them to your resort.
I’m going to wait until closer for next years trip, hoping there will be new ones and hoping battery might last longer waiting rather than then sitting st the resort now?
So do they need charging then? Not heard this before!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
I believe the battery lasts 2 years. They don’t need charging or anything.

We’re ordering ours once our son knows which won’t be until 33 days before as we want him to choose his own. We will be cutting it fine if they have IT issues but i don’t mind if we end up with plain.

Tbh I think half the reason for the issue is probably that some people are choosing them over a year in advance! Potentially when it went live they had 2 years worth of bookings trying to order them. They should change it so it opens for choice at the 60 day make or something.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MonkeyNut
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
No but the battery for long range stuff, ride videos lasts around 2 years and is not replaceable .
Like to get my money’s worth 😊
MonkeyNut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you order for next years trip do you think it would be available to pick up when going this year? Just a thought.

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP and others I’d urge caution when ordering special magic bands. We waited until there were 4 we wanted, paid in full, and got an email saying they’d been shipped to our resort for collection this August. Fast forward to check in and...no magic bands there? ! Are they toy story ones madam as those need to be collected at Disney Springs? No they aren’t and if they have been sent to Disney Springs why do I have an email saying they’ve been shipped to Resort? Ah hmmm well they must have attached to your (later in the year) DVC booking. Me- er Why? My version of my Disney experience has them for this booking, and I didn’t have the ability to select them for the later booking. Hmmm perhaps they’ve attached to a booking you have for next year? NONONONONO! Upshot is 2 upset kids, 1 frazzled parental unit and a room credit for us “in case they don’t (ever) turn up”, but we can choose any of the standard colours they have behind the desk for just such an eventuality. So the fact that you just happen to have every standard colour band on standby should tell you something methinks? We checked in before 4pm and we were the 2nd family the cast member next to us had seen that day.
There are obviously huge issues with magicbands and ordering at the moment, and I have now learnt my lesson -NEVER AGAIN WILL I BOTHER TO SPECIAL ORDER! I/we/the kids can’t stand the hassle.. in future I’ll save my time and effort for something more likely to yield a result.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

As per the previous post. There has been massive issues and many posts on this. If you order now, they will ship within the next week or so and then sit in a room with others until your arrival. Thats ok if your going within the next month or so, but a year. A lot can happen in a year, especially if you decide to change resort or are upgraded to a different resort (both happen).
We have ordered ours for October, but taking last years bands as back up.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

It's all the people that are ordering months and months (and years) in advance of their trip that is meaning I am struggling to get ones for my upcoming trip in under a month

I wish they would only let you order them when you were 30/60 days out. Would solve practically all the issues.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Catherinesian I disagree. Ours were ordered c5 wks before check in but still didn’t get the bands we’ve paid for. I think the system as is currently just doesn’t work so I’d steer clear.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List