Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Aug 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

KSC sell special launch tickets that include a bus to a viewing area. Try to get Banana Creek viewing if you can. I saw a Shuttle launch from there and despite it requiring 3 day trips until it finally launched it was well worth it! Being that "close" was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

ETA: we just stayed in Orlando and drove back and forth.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

I have just been trying to find out more about this. KSC seems to have one listed for the 22nd but the NASA one doesn’t have it listed. Is that the one you are thinking of doing? One of my daughters is space obsessed and would love it so much. (We have been to KSC before).
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tj28 View Post
I have just been trying to find out more about this. KSC seems to have one listed for the 22nd but the NASA one doesn’t have it listed. Is that the one you are thinking of doing? One of my daughters is space obsessed and would love it so much. (We have been to KSC before).
Yes, that is the one.

We are at the space centre on 19th and will be At Disney on 22nd, so spy of have to drive up again for it. It is scheduled for 9am.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

Husband explained that it’s not a NASA launch which is why it’s not on their website. Very tempted - we had planned a rest day for that day so it doesn’t mess up my plans

We are likely to still be jet lagged so an early morning drive may be ok. Just not sure how early we would need to get there for a 9am launch.
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

For hotels, pull up KSC on GoogleMaps, then type 'hotel' in the search box. It will show you every hotel in the area with typical prices - lots of standard hotel chains. However, you won't find anything within a mile - more like 10 miles away. The Kennedy Space Center and the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station next door occupy about 15 miles of Merritt Island. Titusville is the nearest town to the KSC Visitor Complex which is at the north end, but since the Aug 22 launch is from LC-37 in the Air Force Station further south, Port Canaveral might be a better bet for an off-site viewing location.
Why are you looking at Daytona Beach - it is nowhere near - about 50 miles away!
You need to have flexible plans, as launches are frequently postponed, even with only 5 minutes to go. It makes more sense to do the KSC visit on launch day - Disney is there every day, but the launch isn't. You should plan Disney around KSC, not the other way round.
KSC Visitor Complex are not currently selling tickets for the internal viewing locations - partly because the launch is not yet definite ('NET' in the advertised date stands for 'Not Earlier Than') and partly because the 9am launch is before their normal opening hours - they would need to open several hours early and organise buses early.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Just wondered if anyone is going to this launch on 22nd? Really want to see it with my son, we have a car but not sure of the best way to see it either by finding somewhere free and local or paying to get into KSC and paying extra for the viewing platform.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are sleeping at Cocoa beach on the 21st so will be there for 9am. Probably wont go anywhere specifically but hope to see something if we go outside to the beach. A stream most likely I've been told. Good job I packed my glasses! 😅
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We went to see one a couple of weeks ago, after one got cancelled that we were going to go to it was a last minute decision to head up there. We went to playalinda beach. 7pm ish it was scheduled for and was an easy hour or so drive. I got eaten alive so would recommend bug spray 😊 .

I subscribed to email launch alerts on ksc site.

Edited at 09:40 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

We are on our way to the launch now. It is due to launch just after 9am.

Keeping our fingers crossed!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It was amazing, even just from cocoa beach. Saw and heard way much more than we thought we would.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List