Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Disneys Hotels prices and distances (Paradise Pier & Grand Cali)

So after a bit of advice for anyone who has stayed at the Paradise Pier. We have only stayed at the Grand Californian on our trips and we love the access to the CA park and the location. BUT, we are doing a trip with my parents next year and planning 4 nights and the prices are just crazy ($766 plus tax per night for a standard Cali adventure room) we would suck it up but my parents want to save some money and stay at Paradise Pier instead (still 428 plus tax) so my question is who has stayed at Paradise Pier and it looks around a 15 min walk to the park in the morning.

Kind of dont want to be split up from them for the first 4 nights and it could give them a bit of freedom to meet up with us in the parks.

We are waitlisted for 2 DVC studios with the 2 big DVC renters but depends if availability at the 7 month mark (there is now but no-one renting their GCV out) and if that comes up then we are sorted. Then I could cancel my disney room booking.

I want to wait but then also dont want to be left without hotel booking (although at those prices I can't see them being fully booked! )

Of course we could also all stay at Paradise Pier ...

Sam
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

From what I remember you can cross the road in front of Paradise Pier and walk through the Grand Californian to get to Downtown Disney, turn right and head for the esplanade with Disneyland Park on the left and California Adventure on the right.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve dropped off cars here before and it’s an easy walk. I would say under 15 minutes actually but I guess that depends on how fast the pace is!

There are offsite hotels closer to the main gate than Paradise Pier so I’d be pricing those up too.
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
We’ve dropped off cars here before and it’s an easy walk. I would say under 15 minutes actually but I guess that depends on how fast the pace is!

There are offsite hotels closer to the main gate than Paradise Pier so I’d be pricing those up too.
Thanks - will be taking a look at those, we do like the early morning entry but to be honest with a 3 day park hopper ticket having 1 early morning could be enough

Sam
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List