Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 13 Aug 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Universal HP: Wands

My niece is desperate to buy herself a wand in Universal last couple of times we have been with her the queues have been super long and we havent let her, but this is likely to be the last time we take her for a while due to her behaviour getting worse so I've said we will probably let her get one.

Anyone have an idea on the costing of the wands and is it like the rookery in AKL when you adopt a banshee and you have a little show with it? (obv not the pledge to take care of it etc but something other than just picking a box off the shelf?)

I'm just trying to work out if its worth her doing it for the experience or if I should buy her a wand in the UK and give it to her when we get to Universal instead

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

They are about 50 dollars and are interactive, you can do spells with them at both Harry Potter in IOA and US , you can queue for the Ollivanders shop, when they pick someone to re-enact the scene where Harry gets his wand, they have some special effects with that but generally just pick one person out of the kids in there, our DD was chosen and it was fab, she then bought the wand, as after all the wand chooses the wizard!
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
thanks I think we will end up queuing with her for ollivanders as shes so desperate i doubt they would choose her as a. shes nearly 30 and b she has very clear and obvious disabilities but i think she would be happy watching and getting the experience of getting her wand from there

Cost is fine will make sure we put back $100 of her spends for it just in case she wants something else to fo with it

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We just bought one from the gift shop at royal Pacific as the queue was too long in the park. $54.
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
spb_IRL
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

The interactive wands are available to buy from Ollivanders without going to the wand choosing show. (So no queuing). Wands also available from various carts and from Gregorovitch's wand shop.
Not sure if you can get interactive wands in the UK.
The wand choosing show is good- very like the movie !
OKW & ? Oct 17
spb_IRL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by spb_IRL View Post
The wand choosing show is good- very like the movie !
Our DD wasn't chosen to choose but wish we'd recorded it anyway as her reaction to the wand test was hilarious; even the shopkeeper struggled to carry on.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
They are about 50 dollars and are interactive, you can do spells with them at both Harry Potter in IOA and US , you can queue for the Ollivanders shop, when they pick someone to re-enact the scene where Harry gets his wand, they have some special effects with that but generally just pick one person out of the kids in there, our DD was chosen and it was fab, she then bought the wand, as after all the wand chooses the wizard!
Anyone know how long the battery lasts?we there there a couple of years ago and bought some interactive ones, just wondering whether to take them next year? Xx
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lmorgan
Excited about Disney

They should still work, but it they don't they will 'repair' free of charge.
lmorgan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
nkotb4life
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buttercup1982 View Post
Anyone know how long the battery lasts?we there there a couple of years ago and bought some interactive ones, just wondering whether to take them next year? Xx
We brought ours with us that we brought in 2016 and they both worked fine to our surprise!
nkotb4life is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The show is great. DD is 2 for 2 in being chosen - she already had a wand the first time, so we didn’t buy the one that chose her - big mistake as she was really upset/disappointed. (I think this was before the interactive wands).

Second time, we were trying to get my GFs DS chosen, so it was a huge surprise when DD was chosen. And I didn’t make the same mistake twice.
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List