Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 16 Aug 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

It's in the back of my mind. I start getting presents once the kids go back to school. Hoping to get some in Florida as well on our October trip.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve started already . Tesco have the Christmas sweets in this week as do the card shops . 4 pay days until it’s here so organisation is key for me. Will pick up clothing etc in Orlando .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkyoshi
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’ve started buying presents, got 2 already!🎄
pinkyoshi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My list has started! I have not bought anything yet but when I get an idea or one of the kids mention something I make a note (or I will forget nearer the time!)
With 3 children I need to be organised.
We are also doing our bedroom & hall stairs and landing so that needs to be done well before Christmas.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
I've been buying bits and pieces over the year.

Everything has been bought for our DD for Christmas (and her birthday which is 4 days after Christmas).
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Mobile

Been asking the kids what they may like this year. Ds13 has no idea (any ideas please?!) Dd8 wants lego and a 3d pen.

Also wanting to do some decorating before Christmas. I'm going to paint my kitchen cupboards and freshen up the lounge, touch up some paint work too.
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Mobile

BTW I used a Xmas gift list app last year which was brilliant to keep track of things and is password protected so no nosey children looking!
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

I'm definitely thinking about Christmas. We don't want to go to town this year as our baby will be due at the end of March so we'll need to be getting ready for that.

Going to Florida in 3 weeks so I would like to get a few bits there that we might not usually get over here. Especially for my Disney mad Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law. My Dad and brother are both really into golf so I might find some clothing. I usually try and get my Mum a really nice handbag from the outlets as it's her birthday in November.

Hopefully we can decorate this year. Last year we didn't because we had a puppy and thought she would destroy the tree. Fingers crossed for this year.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
BTW I used a Xmas gift list app last year which was brilliant to keep track of things and is password protected so no nosey children looking!
I like the sound of this! In the past, I’ve used the note app on my phone under the guise of ‘Work’.

I always start putting money away in January for Christmas. That way I don’t have a massive stress in December. Especially as now the boys are older. Their gifts seem way more expensive and come in tiny packages! 😂

So in answer to the original question I start thinking about it in January!

I have bought a couple of things for DH that I’ve seen in the sale and my brother also.

Edited to add: What is the app called please?

Edited at 09:55 AM.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

I make a password protected spreadsheet that I keep updated throughout the year with ideas for presents on. If I’ve had a conversation with someone and it’s sparked an idea I put it on my spreadsheet. So I know what I’ll be getting a lot of people.

I can’t buy things for my husband yet as I know I’d end up giving them to him early. My ability to keep secrets is poor.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List