Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Aug 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Do you have a little cry at the Mermaid Show because of the dreadful intersection between Ariel and Eric as we always seem to get two actors who appear as if they cannot stand the sight of each other let alone dance together and then kiss?

Very helpful message from WDW just a couple of hours too late. Whenever a ride went down on our trip the multi purpose freebie FP message always seemed to pop up after we had trekked all the way over to the ride. Tsk.
Ha ha, yes that is exactly what makes me weepy... erm…. yeah...
That's hilarious though, I've never noticed any bad blood between them - but then again I never realised they were (gasp) actors! Next you'll be telling me that there's no Father Christmas
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43

Sorry to burst the bubble, ok I'm not that sorry.

Hopefully there are no children reading the report.

Although given all the boobs we've had from the swolphin photos, swooning over waiters, various innuendos and Andy's in your face dances I suspect any children have well and truly been scared off by now.

I'm really glad you came back to this report . I was thinking it had gone the way of the Star Wars Ep 1 to 3 trilogy and you were wishing you had never even started the last episode I'm glad you revived it though and very pleased to see you've got a countdown getting it's groove on.

For my part (thinking of flip flops, previous days, keep up ), whenever anyone talks about Pottermore and patronuses, is it patronuses or patroni?, anyway, I think of the Rat I can barely remember what my own patronus was and yet I'm very clear on yours.

Ok that's a lie I can remember, but it sounded funnier.

Can you tell I'm a bit bored? we've only been back since Friday, so 3 days and I'm missing the fun

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post

Sorry to burst the bubble, ok I'm not that sorry.

Hopefully there are no children reading the report.

Although given all the boobs we've had from the swolphin photos, swooning over waiters, various innuendos and Andy's in your face dances I suspect any children have well and truly been scared off by now.

I'm really glad you came back to this report . I was thinking it had gone the way of the Star Wars Ep 1 to 3 trilogy and you were wishing you had never even started the last episode I'm glad you revived it though and very pleased to see you've got a countdown getting it's groove on.

For my part (thinking of flip flops, previous days, keep up ), whenever anyone talks about Pottermore and patronuses, is it patronuses or patroni?, anyway, I think of the Rat I can barely remember what my own patronus was and yet I'm very clear on yours.

Ok that's a lie I can remember, but it sounded funnier.

Can you tell I'm a bit bored? we've only been back since Friday, so 3 days and I'm missing the fun
Ha ha, scaring children does seem to be my accidental mission in life. And a few adults probably too.

I'm a completer-finisher so there was no way I was going to abandon the report but things have just been so chaotic and stressful that the last thing I wanted to do was bash out a report that just went through the motions, I needed good old inspiration to strike again.

That bloody rat
I miss that chat thread. Those were the days *plays the Hovis music*

I bet you're missing the fun but kudos to you for getting back on here. The last thing I ever want to do after a trip is come on the Dibb as I just want to sulk in a corner til I have a new one booked...which I see you do have already, looking at the countdown!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Ah I love a Universal day! And how amazingly quiet it must have been to have walked on both Forbidden Journey (twice!) and Escape from Gringotts!

I have to say we have never ridden Twirl and Hurl either, although no doubt this will be rectified on our upcoming trip as it is one of the very few rides in Universal that Charlie can actually go on! Also I am amazed that Andy suffers on FJ but can stomach Simpsons no problem... that ride finishes me off every time!

Had to chuckle at the photo of the girl in the fluffy sliders... I can assure you these are a regular sighting in Essex!

Such a lovely meet up with April and Poot and how lovely to get a nose at Portofino Bay... it looks beautiful! I am predicting a Disney/Universal split stay for a future trip!

Wow that journey to DHS sounded somewhat stressful, so glad you made your FP though, hurrah!

Such a great day, I am impressed by the stamina as always!

Oh and if you don't make Vegas your 50th birthday trip I will be most disappointed (and if you do, I'm coming with you! )

ETA - I am guessing the coffee/mint combo must be good given you went back for another!

Edited at 09:40 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Catching up with all the new episodes! Thanks for sharing. What a lovely few days and so cool to meet up with April!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It’s hard to believe Forbidden Journey is almost 10 years old, I haven’t ridden in it 6 years and wonder if I would feel like it had dated if I were to ride again. Such fantastic ride technology that I am sad Disney have never adopted for anything.

Aw I’m glad the kitties were getting on okay; you must have been so pleased to get an update.

How lovely for you to have met up with April and Poot, I definitely miss reading about their adventures.

Gorgeous pictures of Portofino, what a way to have your head turned. Andy probably thought it made financial sense to not look around any further. The next time we do Universal I planned to go for just a day and pay for Express passes but now I’m thinking it might be nice to stay onsite and do two days so we can relax a bit more. I think we’d have to do this before Disney though, I couldn’t sacrifice any Disney times for it and I would just be miserable if we did it at after Disney.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Ah I love a Universal day! And how amazingly quiet it must have been to have walked on both Forbidden Journey (twice!) and Escape from Gringotts!

I have to say we have never ridden Twirl and Hurl either, although no doubt this will be rectified on our upcoming trip as it is one of the very few rides in Universal that Charlie can actually go on! Also I am amazed that Andy suffers on FJ but can stomach Simpsons no problem... that ride finishes me off every time!

Had to chuckle at the photo of the girl in the fluffy sliders... I can assure you these are a regular sighting in Essex!

Such a lovely meet up with April and Poot and how lovely to get a nose at Portofino Bay... it looks beautiful! I am predicting a Disney/Universal split stay for a future trip!

Wow that journey to DHS sounded somewhat stressful, so glad you made your FP though, hurrah!

Such a great day, I am impressed by the stamina as always!

Oh and if you don't make Vegas your 50th birthday trip I will be most disappointed (and if you do, I'm coming with you! )

ETA - I am guessing the coffee/mint combo must be good given you went back for another!
We've actually often had good luck at Universal - our fatal mistake one year was going on a Saturday, or when they were launching that Harry Potter festive show. So, we've never yet needed those express passes. This was a super quiet day!

Vegas, you say... well, if you're in, then it's on! Ha.

Yes - sorry, the coffee/mint combo was oddly pleasing; you'd love it!
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Catching up with all the new episodes! Thanks for sharing. What a lovely few days and so cool to meet up with April!
Thank you - and yes, it was great to see April again and to meet the famous Poot. It was a really lovely day.
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
It’s hard to believe Forbidden Journey is almost 10 years old, I haven’t ridden in it 6 years and wonder if I would feel like it had dated if I were to ride again. Such fantastic ride technology that I am sad Disney have never adopted for anything.

Aw I’m glad the kitties were getting on okay; you must have been so pleased to get an update.

How lovely for you to have met up with April and Poot, I definitely miss reading about their adventures.

Gorgeous pictures of Portofino, what a way to have your head turned. Andy probably thought it made financial sense to not look around any further. The next time we do Universal I planned to go for just a day and pay for Express passes but now I’m thinking it might be nice to stay onsite and do two days so we can relax a bit more. I think we’d have to do this before Disney though, I couldn’t sacrifice any Disney times for it and I would just be miserable if we did it at after Disney.
It felt like I hadn't ridden FJ for six years, as we didn't get to go on it last time. It's doing pretty well - maybe the Dementors always looked like they were made of loo roll and sticky-back plastic, and I can't vouch for the spiders, as I always shut my eyes in that part!

I did like Portofino but it doesn't have the same level of "feels" for me as Disney does. I prefer being in the bubble and popping out once in a while. It is a beautiful hotel though, no doubt about it, but while Uber is so cheap and convenient, probably off limits to us.
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What a fab day, love the kanye west comment Great meet up too, I hope she does a trip report, I love her reports. What a nightmare uber journey, I would have been mega stressed, but at least you still got on TSMM

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List