Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Return of the Rescuer – Day 10 – 12.7.19 – Rivers of…Rain

Return of the Rescuer – Day 10 – 12.7.19 – Rivers of…Rain

Index is here

Another long lie but at last this one was scheduled, it’s a hard life being on holiday. Ds was utterly shattered and we woke him about 9.45am.

I was starving so we decided to head to the food court for breakfast. We had learned our lesson yesterday morning as to how big these breakfast portions are. We ordered 2 main courses, the mixed berry pancakes and the French toast.

We also had a wee loaf cake thing as well to share.

The breakfast portions are pretty large and we more than managed to create 3 breakfast plates.

We were ready and on the boat to Disney Springs by 12.30pm, see another lazy lazy day. Our transport lucky streak continued and we got a boat straight away.

I really wanted to go to Sephora to pick up some bits and bobs, ds hates Sephora with a vengeance so he and dh went to the Lego shop while I went to Sephora by myself. A win win result for everyone. Probably just as well as it took ages to pay for my stuff as nobody seemed to have the code for the magic band reader and I hadn’t taken my purse so couldn’t offer to pay another way.

We met up again and went to the Ever After Jewellery Company, oh my I could be parted from a fair amount of my money in there. I had forgone a birthday present this year as there was a Rebecca Hook ring that I had seen at Christmas that I’d fallen in love with. Ds and Dh bought me it for a belated birthday present.

We walked on and continued round to Morimoto Asia for lunch. I had always fancied trying here but we had just never gotten around to it. The restaurant itself is gorgeous.

Our server was ok. Ds was not in the best of moods and was determined not to listen to any advice or discussion about the menu, he was having sushi and not sharing with me, I’ve no issues with him making his own decisions but he had the blinkers on and I don’t even think he fully read the menu.

You could order any of the entrees on the lunch menu. If you wanted the duck for 2 it would be 2 credits and if you wanted sushi you could order any 2 of the rolls.

Dh had a beer and the orange chicken with brown rice. He thought this was pretty good.

Ds had a mango go go - which was mango and ginger beer. He wanted sushi so ordered the spicy salmon roll and spider roll. He started off enjoying this, but went off the spider one for some reason, either he got fed up with just sushi or there was something in it that he didn’t like. I tasted them both and they were ok.

I had a morimoto Mai tai and the salmon. This was definitely the stand out dish.
Red Miso-glazed Faroe Island Salmon wilted bok choy, shaoxing gastrique, grilled rice cake, morimoto dashi broth with choice of steamed white or brown rice.

Dh had the churro dessert - he thought this was great but massive.

I had the trio of sorbets, not sure what the white one was but I didn’t like it. The strawberry and passion fruit ones were fabulous though.

Ds didn’t want a pudding.

I liked the meal here as did Dh. The server was weird at the end and got our bill to work with the dining credits but there was no mention of a tip anywhere and he seemed genuinely surprised when we left one. Ds said he wouldn’t go back but he’s talking nonsense.

On the way back for the boat we went to Ghiradellis, they were handing out free chocolate squares, fudge caramel. Although we had done quite well with our credits we knew we’d end up with loads left over so we were trying to be proactive by buying chocolates now.

The rating was $6.20 per snack credit and $18.72 per quick service credit. We used 4 snack credits and came away with this lot. 2 packs of raspberry and a mixed box.
£6.20 18.72

We walked over to the boat deck and managed to get a boat straight away. I noticed on the boat that I’d been having phone issues. My contract with O2 includes America but I was struggling to get connected to 3g or 4g. That’s not an issue while you are in the bubble but we had the Orlando City game coming up. I switched off the automatic provider setting and chose a different one and never had any further problems.

We left the room again about 4.45pm to head to Animal Kingdom, I was hoping our luck with buses would continue, no such luck. We waited 15 minutes on a bus which doesn’t really sound that bad, however, when it turned up it was packed. It turned out that they were sharing the bus with Riverside. The driver was good and tried to get all the people heading to Riverside to move up so that all of us could get on. The bus then headed to Riverside and dropped off and picked up at all the Riverside bus stops. It took 36 minutes from boarding the bus to getting of at Animal Kingdom. I was less than amused. The buses to AK were fine early on in the day and its only later that they shared.

When we got there, we stopped for some photos in front of the tree before heading round to Pandora for our Flight of Passage fastpass.

It was pretty quick to get on but once we got on the bikes, nothing seemed to be happening. We were sitting for about 5 minutes; it was a shame because there was a wee boy in our room who I think had ASD and gradually getting more and more upset. It was about another 5 minutes before someone came in and unlocked the bikes so we could get off. They took us out and just stood us back at the front of the line. A few minutes later we were in the matching room to go through the whole thing again, luckily on the second attempt it worked.

The weather wasn’t great when we got off and just as we walked down the stairs into the shop there was a large crack of thunder. We also got a notification to say Everest was down and we had an anytime fastpass. We’d always wanted to stop in at the Nomad Lounge so we decided to make a dash for there before the rain arrived. We were pretty lucky and managed to grab the last inside table. I really liked it here. Our server was lovely.

I had a Lamu Libation
Africa; Starr African rum, Cruzan banana rum, guava puree, with tropical juices topped with Gosling's 151 rum float

Ds had a Kiama Mama
America; watermelon and Sprite

Dh had a beer
Wakulla Hefeweizen

We had truffle poutine to share. Ds and I loved these.

We also had the charcuterie plate which was nice as well.

I really liked it there and could happily have sat there for the rest of the night.

However, Dh had other ideas and insisted that we go to see the new version of Rivers of Light. I’m in the I quite like this show camp, I liked it when they had the musicians and the dancers. We’ve seen it a few times and I wasn’t that bothered about doing it this trip but when Dh found out they’d changed it he expressed interest in going. I booked a fastpass as there was nothing else, we really wanted to use it for.

Anyway, the weather was manky but it was no longer thunder and lightning, just rain. It was fairly miserable sitting in the rain even with a poncho on that I shared with ds. I spent the whole show yearning for the Nomad Lounge, dh was not in my good books at all. The rain stopped just before it finished.

The silver lining though was the fact that we were sitting very close to the exit and managed to dart out to Everest once it was over and use our fastpass. Ds loved this, it was the first time he’d done this in the dark. I am also a huge fan of rollercoasters after dark, they always feel so much faster.

As we walked round to the exit we passed the Anandapur Ice Cream Truck and got ds a pineapple fanta ice cream float for a snack credit. One of the best snacks ever he thought

Before we left we watched the tree lighting, these are so cute.

The bus stop was pretty busy as we were still sharing with Riverside. We didn’t wait too long and we managed to fit on the bus.

Day 11

Edited at 11:33 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A great idea to let the boys go off to the Lego store meant you could potter about in peace.

It sounds like a relaxed evening at AK too, the rain did you a a favour as it meant you could go to Nomad Lounge. I ended up really liking Rivers of Light this year, it was really good

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A great idea to let the boys go off to the Lego store meant you could potter about in peace.

It sounds like a relaxed evening at AK too, the rain did you a a favour as it meant you could go to Nomad Lounge. I ended up really liking Rivers of Light this year, it was really good
You are so right, Sephora is way more pleasurable without ds.

Glad we finally made it to Nomad Lounge so again you're right the rain did do us a favour.
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your ring is lovely! I think I may adopt the foregoing a birthday present tactic in future.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your ring is lovely! I think I may adopt the foregoing a birthday present tactic in future.
It's a great plan, foregoing is not totally correct, just ask for less then milk it for all its worth when you are away.
Old 30 Aug 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I was laughing at your DS having blinkers on in the restaurant. All three of my girls get like that at times and it is really infuriating.

It's a shame that FOP didn't work properly the first time but at least you still got to ride. Rivers of light is very pretty but I don't think I'd have wanted to watch it in the rain though.

Another great day with loads done.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I was laughing at your DS having blinkers on in the restaurant. All three of my girls get like that at times and it is really infuriating.

It's a shame that FOP didn't work properly the first time but at least you still got to ride. Rivers of light is very pretty but I don't think I'd have wanted to watch it in the rain though.

Another great day with loads done.
They are so annoying when they get that way, you must have the patience of a saint if all 3 of yours all do that at once I thought it was a pre-teen trait but maybe not then

Rivers of light is way more pleasant when you are not a soggy mess.
Old 1 Sep 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Oh I love a mooch around Disney Springs... great idea moving the boys along so you could shop in peace. Beautiful ring.

Glad FOP worked in the end for you, it can be frustrating when the rides have problems. I agree, coasters are so much more fun in the dark I can imagine it was a bit miserable sitting in the rain at Rivers of Light.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Oh I love a mooch around Disney Springs... great idea moving the boys along so you could shop in peace. Beautiful ring.

Glad FOP worked in the end for you, it can be frustrating when the rides have problems. I agree, coasters are so much more fun in the dark I can imagine it was a bit miserable sitting in the rain at Rivers of Light.
Thanks. Shopping without those 2 is certainly the way to go.

Disney seemed to suffer a fair few technical difficulties on fop of late.

As you can imagine I let my disgust be known about sitting in the rain 😂
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another slower day sometimes these are needed

Joan