Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Aug 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We're here at the moment and we were very worried about DS x 2 (11&10) sharing. We got them sheet sleeping bags and they've been brilliant. It keeps them apart and no arguments about covers. Just search on Amazon - they fold up very small and barely weigh anything.

We thought about an airbed, but when you're paying £200/ night that's a lot of money to sleep on the floor.
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
Have they? Thats utterly rubbish. I was just about to look at that as an option.

At the very least it would be good if they supplied smaller pop up beds to allow smaller kids to use. Even the travelodge does that
Those beds are horrendous! My tiny youngest DD absolutely hated them from about 10.
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
I believe you get 60 day FP and EMH, but no DDP or actual Disney transport.
You do get decent transport which is also run by the same company who provide to Disney. The buses run all day at 30 min intervals and were always very reliable. They serve 4 hotels but we never had any trouble getting one either way.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by captbnut View Post
We're here at the moment and we were very worried about DS x 2 (11&10) sharing. We got them sheet sleeping bags and they've been brilliant. It keeps them apart and no arguments about covers. Just search on Amazon - they fold up very small and barely weigh anything.

We thought about an airbed, but when you're paying £200/ night that's a lot of money to sleep on the floor.
I like the idea of the sleeping bags. My two are having to share next year as we are on site and with them being 12 and 13 at the time anything to keep the arguments at bay is a bonus!
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
If it is a partner hotel, do you get the benefits that come with an actual disney hotel? Like DDP, Fast pass at 60 days etc? I'm assuming the answer is no...but no harm asking
Yes to 60 day FP and EMH but no DDP but when we did the maths the cost was about the same with us paying for our own food v the extra cost of being on site.
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Does it need to be pirate themed?

Could use this?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
I like the idea of the sleeping bags. My two are having to share next year as we are on site and with them being 12 and 13 at the time anything to keep the arguments at bay is a bonus!
Just to say, we're in POFQ. I'm not sure what Disney call the size of our bed but it's the same as our King at home.
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Pirate themed rooms have smaller beds than the standard rooms. Does it have to be a pirate room?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Does it need to be pirate themed?

Could use this?
That looks good. But I don’t think the availability is here from 2nd Oct unfortunately
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Pirate themed rooms have smaller beds than the standard rooms. Does it have to be a pirate room?
No. I’m sure the novelty would quickly wear off. It was just what was available.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List