Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Aug 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Brought To You by The Letters A, J and R and The Number 3 - Day 3 Universal Studios

I was first awake at 05.40 but tried to rest for as long as possible which lasted 10 minutes so I texted my big little girl at home! She was at work but messaged straight back so after our catch up I made an in room coffee, they only give two pods of regular caffeinated so I wrote a little note asking for 2 more - I’d forgotten to do this yesterday.

I waited until 08.00 to wake the others. We had our voodoo donuts and then got ready to go out.

Breakfast!

We left the room at 09.30 deciding to head into Universal Studios. We walked as were feeling fresh and I also think it’s quicker.

The butterfly garden on the walk to the park.

Our first stop was to collect the photo connect and then into the Universal Studio store to check out the merchandise. Alex reactivated the cup at a little cart outside. We were now good to go!

We rode minions and then headed over to Jimmy Fallon’s race through New York.

Dancing into Jimmy Fallon’s race through New York!

We then walked over to the Christmas shop and then onto The Mummy.

Ramona then had a go in the arcade which adjoins the ride. As I collected the bags from the locker I noticed that the Blues Brothers were out.

We stopped to refill the cup in Louie’s and bought 2 gelato’s and had a sit down.

Snack pit stop.

We rode transformers and then walked around to the Sponge Bob shop. Squidward was posing for pictures. The cutest little boy was in front of us in the line and was in absolute awe that Squidward was there and taking pictures!

We rode ET and stopped for the pictures.

Ramona wanted to eat in the Simpson’s food court. We didn’t but she was flagging so the plan was for her to eat, we would share something here and then eat in the Harry Potter restaurant later (this didn’t happen!) for dinner. The Simpsons food court used to be run in a way where by tables could not be held until you had your food. This has stopped and so we circled with our tray passing families who were holding tables waiting for a table to free up!

After eating Ramona wanted to play on one of the Simpsons carnival games, she’s drawn to these like a magnet and despite me pleading ‘don’t waste your money Mone’ she won an itchy and was made up!

Winner!

We then rode the Simpsons ride before moving over to the men in black area. Alex sat this out as felt a bit queasy. Myself and Mone were joined by a single rider who was mighty impressed when I was the highest scorer as won the bonus points! Mone was not happy as had been winning by a long shot up until this point and declared herself the real winner as by winning the points I’d cheated!

We were now aching and starting to flag. We walked around to Diagon Alley as I had the shutter buttons included on my photo connect. We had no idea what this was and had to act out a variety of scenes wearing wizard robes. This would’ve been really cool if the kidults were here with us! We were told to come to collect our dvd in 30 minutes so rode escape from gringotts. I love this ride!

As we lined up we decided to head out after collecting the dvd stopping to ride the fast and the furious on the way.

Quick call to the ministry of magic to request her parents memories are erased!

We walked passed Jaws and headed over for a picture waiting patiently behind a large family who were taking various shots with different family members. As they finished up Mone headed over to take her turn but another family appeared from nowhere, I’m not sure how they didn’t notice the line but they did not have phones or cameras out so we then had to wait for them to prep and then they didn’t just take the usual pictures with all family members taking separate turns, they acted out a scene whereby the mum pretended to be being dragged to her peril by Jaws, the dad holding onto her pulling her to safety, they put 100% effort into the scene they had created and I could no longer feel mad at their ignorance/arrogance for pushing in! It was so funny myself and Mone were in hysterics! As usual when it was our turn it took me all of 5 seconds to take my pictures!

We headed out of the park following the parade floats. Nobody was fussed to watch Shrek on the way out. We walked back to the room arriving just after 6pm to chill.

Not too tired for a quick game!

At 7.30 and we were not hungry but decided to pop out to the international drive outlets. 2 candles, a couple of T-shirt s and a pet bowl were purchased before we headed back. Dinner was a drive through Wendy’s meal for Alex , French fries for Mona and a fillet of fish from the drive through McDonald’s for myself.

We ended the day with a swim in the pool.

Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List