Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Aug 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
love tink
Getting Excited

Mobile First ever park ends up being favourite?

Does whatever park you visit first on your first trip end up being your favourite?!🤔We visited Epcot on our very first day and it will always be the most special to us.My friends first park was Animal Kingdom and it’s her favourite so I was wondering how many others feel this way too?💫
love tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I first went when I was 4 years old so in all truth have no idea what my first park was - I would guess Magic kingdom. Even if you asked me now what my favourite park was I'm not sure I could give you an answer, it used to be Epcot when I was younger but I haven't been for 10 years and I suspect AK might now trump Epcot with the addition of Pandora.

It's my OH's first time when we go and we are going to AK first, so I will have to ask him what his favourite park is when we get home and report back

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by love tink View Post
Does whatever park you visit first on your first trip end up being your favourite?!🤔We visited Epcot on our very first day and it will always be the most special to us.My friends first park was Animal Kingdom and it’s her favourite so I was wondering how many others feel this way too?💫
Possibly as our first park was AK and its our favourite
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

MK was our first, EPCOT is our favourite.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

MK was our first but I still love Hollywood Studios. More so because of what it was. Jury is out until after this years trip
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Mk was our first in 1990 and is still my favourite. Standing on Main Street and seeing the castle on our first day. Can't beat that feeling.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

MK was our first AK is our favorite
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
MK was our first, EPCOT is our favourite.
Me too
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not necessarily. Our first was MK however as the years have passed more parks have been added. I find that each trip I have a different favourite depending on a variety of things.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

I wish I knew what our first park was - I was 5 turning 6 on the trip and remember nothing of that trip lol. Barely remember the one when I was 7 turning 8.

That said, I've always had a firm two group organisation of Disney parks in my head. AK and Epcot are the two best WDW parks, their order changes in my estimation depending on when we have gone. The two "worst" parks are MK and HS. Last trip cemented my intense dislike for MK as a park as it stands - far too busy, too grumpy in terms of crowd ambiance (seriously people are really not happy in that park! Lots of screaming kids and grumpy parents) and not really targeted towards me anyway. Hollywood studios, whilst only a pretty empty half day park at this moment is less... manic for want of a better word.

So I guess it wouldn't matter which one I visited first, as they change order all the time, within those two groups.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List