Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Aug 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

We have for the previous two trips and for our upcoming one.
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
josie112
Imagineer

Always. It's not a 100% guarantee but we find it a great guide to aid planning our itinerary.
2000 - Crescent Lakes Villa, 2003 - Briargrove Villa, 2005 - Briargrove Villa, 2005 - New York, 2006 - Briargrove Villa, 2006 - Portugal, 2007 - Briargrove Villa, 2009 - Tuscan Hills Villa, 2010 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2011 - Highlands Reserve Villa, 2012 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2014 - Highlands Reserve Villa, 2015 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2017 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2019 - Highlands Reserve Villa
josie112 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I don't take the guide as it being absolutely correct, but I do use it as a starting point when I plan which park on which day. I try and miss emh , party nights etc.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I do to an extent. We usually stay on site now so also take into account EMH - we use these first and then use it to choose a park for the afternoon or evening. X
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

I use it but only very broadly along with other crowd data sources. When you look at the trends you can see that certain parks are busier on certain days of week e.g. avoid Park X on Mondays. Park Y is generally quieter than others at weekends. Also useful for the big picture e.g. end of aug quieter than beginning of Aug.

Individual days are never going to be 100% accurate as things happen within day which can effect crowd levels e.g. weather...traffic... word of mouth...chance.

Edited at 11:41 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jillyb
Imagineer

jillyb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We use it and find it very helpful .
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We or should I say ‘I’ follow the busy day guide. If there are days were a certain park is never recommend then I fit it in around my other plans.
We always do MK on our first day even if it’s not recommended and whilst we are away we don’t stick rigidly to my plan, it’s there as a guid (and because I love planning) but depending on energy levels etc we tweak and go with the flow.
I love a good plan but it’s an holiday not a military operation 😂
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

I have used it every trip bar the first one and its always worked, this gives me my starting point for the plan, again we take advantage of the ectra early hours and leave mid morning either go back to the hotel for some pool time of another Patk etc.
One year we went with friends that don't plan, she suggested we do a spontaneous day at HS And it was horrendous the q for TOT was about an hour!
So I do think it works 😆
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I do. It's based on historical data and daily events. The latter being the most influential one.

My view is that it's a great starter for ten. Not infallible but there again nothing is.

We only do Parks 3 days a week so I do an Excel sheet and when it gets to those days look at the Dibb info and insert which Park fits best.

For example I don't do EMH so plan around that. If it's an evening paid for event at the MK I ditch that Park as there will be no FPs after 3.00pm as they want Guests to bog off to make way for people paying more.
This ^^^

I also cross reference mine with the touringplans day guides too.
There are some days on there that are in the middle and will go then. It’s the red days the worst ones I try to avoid. Medium to best is what I try for and if I can get most days like that it’s better
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve never even looked at it to be honest. We pick our days based on the daily park hours and go from there, if it’s busy it’s busy, if it not then it’s a bonus.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List