Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 24 Apr 08, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumpy&Happy
Imagineer

We just got back today!

Although we were not overlooking the pool, in the 3 weeks we were there we didn't see any work being done on it.
Old 24 Apr 08, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wjd
Imagineer

wjd's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Grumpy&Happy View Post
We just got back today!

Although we were not overlooking the pool, in the 3 weeks we were there we didn't see any work being done on it.
Welcome home, have you got any photos to share with us.

Forget the Prince on a horse, I want a VAMPIRE with a volvo.
wjd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 08, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Welcome home Grumpy, did you have a lovely time?
Helen x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 08, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=jobowden;2206908]Alex - we were in building 5 which is next to the lobby/reception/spa building. We were on floor 14 & had a view of the fireworks from bedroom 2. The balcony looked out towards Seaworld. But a high floor in block 5 overlooking the car park would have a view from the balcony. We had a 3 bedroom apartment & these appeared to be placed at the end of the corridors in a corner position. No CD player though I'm afraid, although I'm sure the TV had some music channels if that helps.

Thanks Jo

I'm going to give them a ring to ask for my room, I might get more joy that way than by email.
Not to worry about the CD player, as long as there's channels on the TV then we have music
Old 25 Apr 08, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jobowden View Post
Alex - we were in building 5 which is next to the lobby/reception/spa building. We were on floor 14 & had a view of the fireworks from bedroom 2. The balcony looked out towards Seaworld. But a high floor in block 5 overlooking the car park would have a view from the balcony. We had a 3 bedroom apartment & these appeared to be placed at the end of the corridors in a corner position. No CD player though I'm afraid, although I'm sure the TV had some music channels if that helps.
Sorry Jo, this was what I was trying to quote
Old 25 Apr 08, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi everyone, we are off to LBV resort village in June: my recent info from another forum is that the pirate ship is being built offsite and they can't do anything until it is finished - once it is finished then work will proceed quickly and they still anticipate the pool being finished by end of May/beginning of June. Here's hoping!
Old 26 Apr 08, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumpy&Happy
Imagineer

Thanks, we had a lovely time.

We didn't take many photos, I think it was probably because we had a lot of rain so didn't take the camera out much.

We thought the LBV resort was ideal for our needs, the location was perfect. Not too far from the airport and everything just a short car journey away.

The only comments I would make are:

The Room - this was in building 2 which has been built for a while and some of the things ie bedding could have done with being replaced. They were looking a bit shabby.

The Pool - this was small and had sun loungers crammed around the edge which made it a bit dangerous for little ones who had to walk very close the the edge of the pool to avoid the loungers.

We did have a bad experience on our first trip to the pool when 4 boys were throwing the plastic chairs into the pool at each other. There is no lifeguard or resort staff at the pool so this kind of behaviour is not stopped.
Old 26 Apr 08, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Jo, was block 5 one of the new buildings ?
I don't want to be in one of the rooms that are getting shabby.
Old 26 Apr 08, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumpy&Happy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alex uk View Post
Jo, was block 5 one of the new buildings ?
I don't want to be in one of the rooms that are getting shabby.
Blocks 1 and 2 are the older buildings across the road.

Blocks 3, 4 and 5 are all fairly new.
Old 26 Apr 08, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for that Grumpy

I think 5 will be my best bet then, being near to reception and hopefully with a view of the fireworks
Closed Thread