Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I hope you had a cake at the bakery to recover with 😂
I wish I could say that I did, after the full 2 minutes of running I did I definitely would have deserved a cake. But unfortunately no cake was consumed.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

This was such a good day until the end. Good fastpasses today (I liked the old paper pass system btw ).

I totally agree with Kate about food not touching. I'm very fussy about which foods touch each other and I'm always particularly horrified if we have breakfast out and the beans are touching the egg... just no! However, I disagree with her in regards to Lights, Motor, Action (I may have those words in the wrong order, or even the wrong words altogether but I'm sure you know what I mean ). I really enjoyed that show in WDW and was sad when it was taken away along with the Streets of America.

We ate at Cafe Mickey when we went to DLP! It was our only character meal and true to form for this trip where everything went wrong, one of the girls (I forget which one) had diarrhoea and we spent the evening running up and down the stairs to the bathrooms (which were dirty and had a long queue every time ). Because I was on my own with them and they were young, we all had to go along every time leaving the table empty. If I remember rightly, the lady at the table next to us offered to watch the child who didn't need to go one time, and I let her! What an awful parent I must have been . I don't remember the food being terrible, maybe because I was preoccupied with multiple bathroom visits. I do remember that the cast members did a song and dance routine where they broke plates I think. Do they still do that?

Anyway, enough of my ramblings... it's a real shame that the food wasn't up to scratch what with it all coming out at once, and then having cold potatoes - twice . Your dessert does look lovely though. I actually don't blame you for being really upset about not being able to charge your meal to the room. I would have been the same as you - trying to keep a lid on it in public but sobbing my heart out about it once I had a bit of privacy. I don't feel the restaurant manager dealt with it very well, and I agree with others who have said that the hotel should have sorted it out with the restaurant as a goodwill gesture seeing as you obviously weren't at fault.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
This was such a good day until the end. Good fastpasses today (I liked the old paper pass system btw ).

I totally agree with Kate about food not touching. I'm very fussy about which foods touch each other and I'm always particularly horrified if we have breakfast out and the beans are touching the egg... just no! However, I disagree with her in regards to Lights, Motor, Action (I may have those words in the wrong order, or even the wrong words altogether but I'm sure you know what I mean ). I really enjoyed that show in WDW and was sad when it was taken away along with the Streets of America.

We ate at Cafe Mickey when we went to DLP! It was our only character meal and true to form for this trip where everything went wrong, one of the girls (I forget which one) had diarrhoea and we spent the evening running up and down the stairs to the bathrooms (which were dirty and had a long queue every time ). Because I was on my own with them and they were young, we all had to go along every time leaving the table empty. If I remember rightly, the lady at the table next to us offered to watch the child who didn't need to go one time, and I let her! What an awful parent I must have been . I don't remember the food being terrible, maybe because I was preoccupied with multiple bathroom visits. I do remember that the cast members did a song and dance routine where they broke plates I think. Do they still do that?

Anyway, enough of my ramblings... it's a real shame that the food wasn't up to scratch what with it all coming out at once, and then having cold potatoes - twice . Your dessert does look lovely though. I actually don't blame you for being really upset about not being able to charge your meal to the room. I would have been the same as you - trying to keep a lid on it in public but sobbing my heart out about it once I had a bit of privacy. I don't feel the restaurant manager dealt with it very well, and I agree with others who have said that the hotel should have sorted it out with the restaurant as a goodwill gesture seeing as you obviously weren't at fault.
I got the hang of the paper FP system a bit more today. I hadn't realised that everyone was allowed into the park before official opening, which was silly as we've had this at WDW. I wish I'd pushed for Kate to go to the Lights, Motors, Action show. I remember it as being great at WDW, but she was having none of it so I decided to keep the peace as it was just the two of us.

It seems that Kate is not alone with foods not touching each other on her plate!

Oh no your experience at Cafe Mickey doesn't sound good at all. What a shame that neither of us had a good experience at our only character meal at DLP. The evening soured my feelings about the day at the time. It was at a time that meant we couldn't watch the fireworks or evening show, so we had sacrificed that for a meal that wasn't what we had hoped for. The cash value of the meal was absolutely not worth it, even without the payment problems, given that my meal was cold twice and we were basically sitting on top of the couple next to us which is just crazy given all the free tables the luxury experience was distinctly lacking. I wish I were the sort of person that could have shrugged off the evening, as the payment problems were not my fault, but it really bothered me. We'd planned on wandering around the shops after our meal, but I just wanted to get back to the hotel room as I was dying of shame.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List