Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Mar 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I would have been exactly the same paranoid that the tickets weren’t going to work.

Your review has just made me so sad that Beaches and Cream will be closed this year, we really loved our meal there last year.

I am so glad you loved POR, I am really excited for your stay at French Quarter.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 05:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Never too many pictures of Port Orleans. It’s so beautiful. I will definitely be back there in the future.

You did well with the kitchen sink, we tried and failed miserably with it in 2016.

A great last park day.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I would have been exactly the same paranoid that the tickets weren’t going to work.

Your review has just made me so sad that Beaches and Cream will be closed this year, we really loved our meal there last year.

I am so glad you loved POR, I am really excited for your stay at French Quarter.
I was worrying unnecessarily in the end. I had tried to mitigate the potential problems by booking a resort ADR for the meal, and I figured if the worst came to the worst then we'd have a lovely meal and then walk around boardwalk for the evening or maybe Disney springs. In the end of course it was all fine. It wasn't that I didn't believe it had worked for other dibbers, it was that I feared Disney would have closed the pool hole and that I wouldn't have heard about it.

So we still have our 4pm ADR this summer for the final day beaches and Cream is open. I've been looking to change it to the Epcot day earlier in the trip as we are due to go to hoop dee doo in the evening and it will be a lot of travelling back and forth if it stays as it is. At the moment there is nothing at all. I've tried looking for times for parties of 2 or 3 or 4...nothing. I'm thinking availability may pop up much nearer the time and so I just have to hold my nerve. As today I could get a lunch adr for 6 people...Fingers crossed it will work out as I really think it will be fun to go back.

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Never too many pictures of Port Orleans. It’s so beautiful. I will definitely be back there in the future.

You did well with the kitchen sink, we tried and failed miserably with it in 2016.

A great last park day.
I'm glad you didn't think it was an overload of photos. I really loved the resort. I suppose everyone is destined to fail at the kitchen sink. But it sure is fun trying it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Resort pics are just gorgeous and so nice to have chill out time around the resort. Looked a ton of food at B&C and lol at bowlgate. So glad the server sorted it out. Well done to Max on the kitchen sink demolition.
Lovely evening although last evenings are always sad. Some super pics , loving the wet butts !
Sad faces, home tomorrow ...
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Resort pics are just gorgeous and so nice to have chill out time around the resort. Looked a ton of food at B&C and lol at bowlgate. So glad the server sorted it out. Well done to Max on the kitchen sink demolition.
Lovely evening although last evenings are always sad. Some super pics , loving the wet butts !
Sad faces, home tomorrow ...
It was a chilled out last day really, with some highlights on top. I'd have loved to have stayed out late in MK but everyone was tired, we'd done the mountains and pirates and I guess sometimes you need to know when to call it quits and take your soggy bottomed family home. It helped massively to know it was only a good bye for now and not forever.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tobago
Earning My Ears

Abby, spend a decent % of my Sunday reading the entire thread if this trip report. It’s brilliant, with lots of detail giving me lots to think about for my trip. Sounds like a fantastic holiday you guys had. Cannot wait for the final instalments. X
Tobago is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tobago View Post
Abby, spend a decent % of my Sunday reading the entire thread if this trip report. It’s brilliant, with lots of detail giving me lots to think about for my trip. Sounds like a fantastic holiday you guys had. Cannot wait for the final instalments. X
I'm glad you had such a productive day it's lovely to think that I've given you ideas for things for your own trip. It's one of the reasons I love reading other people's trip reports, plus I'm a tremendous nosy parker!

You shouldn't have too long to wait for the last bits of this trip.

Old 12 Mar 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a gorgeous resort and lovely photos. What was your room called? I think my girls would love it.

Impressive attempt at the kitchen sink AFTER lunch 😂. Thanks for sharing.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
What a gorgeous resort and lovely photos. What was your room called? I think my girls would love it.

Impressive attempt at the kitchen sink AFTER lunch 😂. Thanks for sharing.
As you can tell I loved that room! They are called Royal Guest Rooms, I keep referring to them as the Princess room. They are in a great location in the resort as they were barely 5 minutes from the Main area where the big pool, shop and food hall are. We only had 2 nights, but they were fab, typical moderate room otherwise but the furnishing and little touches like the taps in the bathroom being shaped like Aladdins lamp. It was beautiful.

Old 16 Mar 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

What a fantastic last day! Sometimes you just need a quieter day especially by the end of the holiday. POR looks just lovely, if we ever stay onsite again it would be one to try for sure. Its such a pretty resort, and I like the fact its smaller than the others too.
On our first trip to WDW in 2015 I had a reservation for Beaches and Cream especially for the Kitchen Sink but for some reason we had to cancel it which I was gutted about. One day we will try this beast of a dessert! You all managed so well but next time maybe don't eat beforehand
How nice you managed to squeeze in a few hours in MK riding a few attractions and soaking up the atmosphere. Shame no one wanted to stay longer, they're such lightweights aren't they . I feel you and I need to go on holiday together, we would be park touring pros by the end

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List