Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers (again). April / May 2019 - Day 1

Day 1

I woke periodically at 11 (laughable but I felt wide awake), 1.30am and 3.30am at which point Edith stirred so I pulled her into our bed. Thankfully we all drifted back off waking at 6am. Happy with that. I got out of bed with Edith & let Aaron have a few more minutes, I popped some crescent rolls in the oven and also gave Edith some Weetabix & fruit. The crescent rolls didnt look too pretty but they tasted good! We had them with raspberry jam & butter, yum.

The sunrise from the balcony was beautiful.

We left the hotel at 7.40am, driving straight to MK. We parked in Simba, paid the $25 fee (what a killer on a 14 day holiday), and walked to the TTC going through bag check without any delays. We picked the ferry as our mode of transport and were soon heading into the park. We grabbed some photopasses with 3 different photographers on our way down Main St.

The last photographer we had was taking so much time with every family and it was so worth the wait for what is probably my favourite photo of the trip.

We set off in the direction of Pirates as it was our first FP but on the way we rode Aladdins carpets as there was no queue, we also did the Tiki Room for the first time ever Edith loved it and Aaron and I enjoyed it too.

Aaron then fancied the Pineapple upside down cake from Aloha Isle, he shared it with Edith and she was in heaven! It was pretty delicious and quite refreshing too.

Onwards to Pirates, there was no queue so we used the standby line and I quickly changed our FP to Buzz for a bit later in the day. The ride was excellent as usual. Once off, we quickly used the restrooms and changed Edith before heading over to Haunted Mansion, another one of our FP choices. It was fabulous as usual.

Who knew there was a ride pic!?

Edith fell asleep in the middle which was very cute but of course she woke up when we came back out in the sun so we grabbed a photopass.

We head past the castle, where a rendition of Let it Go was being belted out and over to Cosmic Rays, we just needed a drink and an escape from the heat. It was a lot warmer than we had expected having been at this time of year previously. Of course, once we were I the restaurant, we got tempted with the food offering. We ordered some chicken tenders and some loaded fries as well as a large fountain drink. It was all good & all 3 of us shared the food.

I played around with our FP choices and changed Buzz for Small World so we head there next, spotting Pooh & Tigger and stopping for the Philarmagic show on the way. Another lovely opportunity to cool down and enjoy some Disney tunes. Small world was next & Edith spend the entire ride dancing along to the music, she was loving it.

I have to laugh at all the Instagram poses

We headed back to Main St via the castle and Aaron grabbed coffee from Starbucks. Our last FP of the day was Jungle Cruise so we head there next. Would you believe that in 12 visits, this was our first ride. Im actually embarrassed! We really enjoyed it and found ourselves laughing along with the cheesefest jokes.

We called time on the park at this point, it was so hot and we felt like we had achieved a lot in our few hours there. We got the monorail back to the TTC and drove back to the hotel. Edith fell asleep in the car but woke up when we tried to move her to the cot. We gave her some time to get back to sleep but she was really fighting with it so we head back out to Disney Springs for a mooch.

We parked in Lime garage and wlaked straight to World of Disney. Once of my friends was visiting Florida with his family over the Easter break & I was aware that we would overlap them for 4 days. Well, the minute we walked into WOD, there he was at the till point! We waited for them to pay and then had a quick catch up before both heading our separate ways.

We looked around a couple of shops and then our bellies took over and we head to Blaze. We both had very similar pizzas except Aaron has peperoni on his and I dont. Edith shared the bits we could get with no hot sauce on and we all thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Such great value!

We wondered some more and then Aaron heard his favourite DS singer Bryan Malpass so we sat and watched his entire set.

I let Edith down near the stage with all the other kids and she had the time of her life running around & dancing to the music. I had a couple of people approach me when the singing finished to say she was the best entertainments they could have asked for.

We head back to the hotel after, all flaking a bit now. Again, Edith fell asleep in the car, this time transferring to her cot without waking up. Aaron and I followed her to bed at about 10pm.

Edited at 01:32 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

That castle photo of Edith is just perfect! You got a lot done in MK. That pineapple upside down cake looks yum! Can't wait to visit Blaze.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Gorgeous picture of Edith!

I also have never done Jungle Cruise 😔 will remedy that next trip x
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
That picture of Edith is stunning you should see if anyone can photoshop the other people out of it.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a fab first day; you got lots done

I cannot believe you've never been on Jungle Cruise before...shocking

Looking forward to reading more!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Fabulous day.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
That castle photo of Edith is just perfect! You got a lot done in MK. That pineapple upside down cake looks yum! Can't wait to visit Blaze.
Blaze is incredible, so yummy! Thanks for reading along

Originally Posted by Doowop View Post
Gorgeous picture of Edith!

I also have never done Jungle Cruise 😔 will remedy that next trip x
Glad it's not just me, it seems quite hidden away compared to other rides, we have just always managed to miss it.

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
That picture of Edith is stunning you should see if anyone can photoshop the other people out of it.
Its a good one isn't it It makes so much difference when a photographer takes their time with you.

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a fab first day; you got lots done

I cannot believe you've never been on Jungle Cruise before...shocking

Looking forward to reading more!
I donlt know how we missed it for so long, loved it though

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Fabulous day.
Thanks for reading
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Pineapple cake looks so refreshing 😀
Great first day
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

What an amazing day.
X

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List