Old 22 May 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers (again). April / May 2019 - Day 3

Today I woke at 7, Edith had woken at 5am but after pulling her into our bed she had gone back to sleep. We all had a spot of breakfast and had a relaxing morning with no park to rush off to. The plan today was a visit to celebration, lunch and then a free afternoon.

We parked up easily in Celebration and set off around a couple of the lakes on foot. We had considered hiring bikes but it was too warm. We spotted a lot of wildlife, Egrets, Cormorants, Gators… It was lovely and peaceful and as beautiful as ever.

We popped to the Vineland outlets next for a mooch, not much to be had but we did pick up some Disney outlet bits for Edith. She had fallen asleep in the car on the way here & stayed asleep for most of our shopping which was nice.

Lunch next & we both agreed on sweet Tomatoes, one of our absolute faves! We paid up and filled our trays with endless salad, pasta, potato, bread and pizza dishes. Aaron had soup too and then Edith and I had ice cream too! It’s a real hit of goodness (ice cream and pizza aside) and it makes such a change from the other meals we tend to have. We all really enjoyed it.

Back to the hotel and we had a drink on the balcony before heading down for a swim. We also grabbed a cocktail from the bar.

We popped Edith into her new floatation swimsuit and she absolutely loved it. She didn’t want to be held and with the suit on managed to keep her balance and swim from Aaron to me, over and over again. I got out and asked Aaron to pass me Edith as I was sure she must be getting tired, he popped her on the pool edge and before I could grab her, she made a running jump back into the water. We were both in hysterics, she obviously wasn’t ready to come out yet!

We relaxed for a bit and then got ready for dinner, choosing Longhorn as our destination. We were seated right away and were soon eating the delicious bread they bring to the table. We shared the Sweet & spicy chicken for an appetiser and then both had steak. Me a Prime Rib with spinach gratin and salad. Aaron the ribeye with loaded mash & broccoli. He was gutted to see the bacon bourbon topper had been taken off the menu since we came last year.

On the way home we stopped at Dollar tree, Edith had fallen asleep in the car so Aaron stayed with her while I went in for a look. I love this store. I came out with food mainly, along with a token couple of toys for Edith.

We all head to bed at 9pm
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

what a nice relaxing day, I bet it was lovely watching your little one learn to swim!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely relaxed day 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

A lovely relaxing day!

Sounds like Edith is a proper water baby!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great relaxing day 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a lovely relaxing non-park day! I haven't scheduled any in for our trip but now I am thinking maybe I should... cocktails around the pool looks divine!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
what a nice relaxing day, I bet it was lovely watching your little one learn to swim!
It certainly was, she was in her element

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Lovely relaxed day 😊
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
A lovely relaxing day!

Sounds like Edith is a proper water baby!
Oh yes, like her mommy

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great relaxing day 👍
It was a fab day!

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
What a lovely relaxing non-park day! I haven't scheduled any in for our trip but now I am thinking maybe I should... cocktails around the pool looks divine!
We always try and avoid the parks on Saturdays, they're just hellishly busy!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

So nice that Edith loves the water so much.

Food today looks fantastic, drooling over your pictures.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Nice to have a relaxing day after few busy days

Joan
Old 28 May 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
So nice that Edith loves the water so much.

Food today looks fantastic, drooling over your pictures.
I love that she loces swimming, shes so confident

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Nice to have a relaxing day after few busy days

Joan
Yes, I do love a rest day!