Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 19, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
StitchOhana
Gone all Goofy

StitchOhana's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile Cruise and Land insurance question

Hey dibbers I need to book some insurance soon for my upcoming trip next year. But need a little help with what insurance I need if anyone has any advice?

We will be flying to Orlando from Gatwick, one night in a hotel, followed by a 4 night Disney cruise then off to Disney World for 15 nights! (Super excited)

Is it OK to do a 3 week 'regular' insurance and then separately book a 4 night 5 Day cruise specific insurance ?
It seems to be much cheaper than doing a 3 week insurance that includes cruising?

That way if I have any issues on land or with the flights I can use the 'Regular' insurance and any issues at sea use the cruise insurance? It seems to be cheaper doing it this way but I'm concerned I wont be 100% covered for something

I also have 2 trips to Disney Paris Booked (all within 12 months with eachother) so It could be possible to just do a year's cover but that also is expensive!

Any tips or companies you used would also be helpful! (Husband and I only travelling and no ailments needing mentioning luckily!)
Disney World - 2004 - Villa / 2006 - Comfort Inn I Drive / 2008 - Villa / 2016 - Rosen Inn Pointe I Drive / 2017 - Wyndham I Drive / 2018 - All-Star Music / Feb 2020 - Paris - Sequoia Lodge / Sept 2020 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
StitchOhana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

When you say you want to be 100% covered, what do you mean? We have never bought additional insurance for a cruise - we just make sure our general travel insurance covers cruises. The main elements for us are travel disruption ie cruise departing late or returning late, total cancellation by cruise line, and most importantly being air lifted off the ship in case of serious illness. We don't bother with insurance that covers disruption to the itinerary once on board as this kind of cover tends to really expensive.
Other eventualities are covered by general travel insurance as you say.
All this is covered by our packaged bank account travel insurance (policy not available now to new customers) but hope this gives you an idea of the kind questions to ask. As always the detail is in the small print.

Edited at 08:50 AM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We always buy cruise cover, but we have an annual policy so it works out better for us.

Our policy is with Cover For You and is underwritten by AXA. Cost £97 and is a joint policy for me and Mick.

We are covered for:
1. Missed port due to weather/illness so excursion costs are refunded.
2. Confinement to cabin through illness.
3. Hospital care in ports and accommodation for immediate travelling party (me). Onward travel for all once medically fit (home or back to ship depending on time).
4. Med vac'd from ship
5. Travel disruption - if weather stops our cruise in any way, the unused part of the cruise is refunded.

For us, 2, 3 and 4 are the most important. I wouldn't leave home without them.

Joa