Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Florida Escapes
Unread 24 Jun 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Virgin/Delta confusion!

Hello,

Im so sorry as I imagine this has been many posts over the years but I cant find anything recent that answers my questions (and Ive trawled through old posts!) and I have tried google too but thats just having my life...

Weve booked flights for next May (through skyscanner) which are Delta operated by Virgin. What does this mean for whos plane we will be on, which brand baggage allowance, which check in?

Ive picked our seats on the delta website but the plane looks like a virgin layout and Im so bamboozled! Im chuffed with the price we got and seats we got so Im happy! Just need to learn what Ive actually booked 😂
Unread 24 Jun 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
Hello,

Im so sorry as I imagine this has been many posts over the years but I cant find anything recent that answers my questions (and Ive trawled through old posts!) and I have tried google too but thats just having my life...

Weve booked flights for next May (through skyscanner) which are Delta operated by Virgin. What does this mean for whos plane we will be on, which brand baggage allowance, which check in?

Ive picked our seats on the delta website but the plane looks like a virgin layout and Im so bamboozled! Im chuffed with the price we got and seats we got so Im happy! Just need to learn what Ive actually booked 😂
If it is Delta operated by Virgin and it is direct it will almost certainly be a Virgin flight and check in would be with Virgin as far as I know in which case the baggage information you require will be in line with Virgin's policies

2019 BC/Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando
2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites
2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimeee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back after 2yrs Beach Club 1st time
Unread 24 Jun 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
All 6 resorts completed!

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If it says Delta operated by Virgin then it will be a codeshare flight on a Virgin Aircraft. If you are travelling direct to MCO it will almost certainly be a 747.

Virgin's baggage allowance will apply and you will need to check in at the Virgin desk at the airport.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,20 California-06,10,11,15 Vegas 12,13,15 New York- 05,08,12,17 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19

Edited at 03:50 PM.
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Niagara and Toronto
Unread 24 Jun 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Brilliant that was what I thought, thank you both so much!
Unread 24 Jun 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
Imagineer

It actually works seamlessly. You should by now have a Virgin management number as well as your initial Delta one.

When you arrive at the airport ( and we were not certain the first time), we simply walked up to the nearest Virgin member of staff who reassured us suitably.

Everything is Virgin Atlantic, other than your booking and you are treated absolutely the same as somebody who booked Virgin Atlantic from the start.
2005 On site Disney. 2009 Idrive. 2010 Idrive, 2011 LBV+ Duck Key. 2012 Gulf Coast+Davenport Villa. 2013 LBV Resort.2015 NY+Washington+Davenport Villa+Tampa. 2017 Pensacola+Destin+Kissimmee Villa. 2018 California N to S
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Boston, NY, Dayton, Florida can't wait.
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymac
Excited about Disney

I found the Virgin customer care people very helpful when I was changing seats as the seat allocation could not be moved on the Virgin app (didnt see the bubble on delta site and thought it was fully booked or something so just selected seat). Everything else is seamless...as others have said

Edited at 12:44 AM.
Mickeymac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
SSR
Unread 25 Jun 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aitchieaitchie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
Hello,

We are Virgin/Delta in 4 weeks. We are flying Virgin plane Heathrow to NY then Delta plane NY to Tampa and reverse home except via Atlanta.

You can check plane details on seatguru just enter airline, flight number and date.
Unread 25 Jun 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
If it says Delta operated by Virgin then it will be a codeshare flight on a Virgin Aircraft. If you are travelling direct to MCO it will almost certainly be a 747.

Virgin's baggage allowance will apply and you will need to check in at the Virgin desk at the airport.

-Steve
Flights to and from the US operate under a US DoT regulation known as the First Marketing Carrier rule. That means it is the airline under whose flight number the first sector is sold that decides the checked baggage allowance, not necessarily the operating carrier.

In this case, with a DL codeshare operates by Virgin, it would be Delta that decides the baggage allowance. The ticket / confirmation should show the correct baggage allowance. For this particular case, its unlikely to make a difference in practice, since Delta/Virgin checked bag allowance will likely be the same.

For cabin baggage, it is always the operating carriers allowance, in this case Virgin.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Attraction Tickets Direct