Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jun 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Over counter meds

Is it ok to take over the counter meds with you? I like to be prepared and take a range of things just incase. Hopefully not need them but especially with kids I like to be prepared. Does anyone else do this?
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I do though a lot of thins can be cheaper there. I take a codine based painkiller for severe headaches and always take a supply as they don’t sell opioids OTC in the USA.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We always take a supply of lots of over the counter meds and never been asked about them or had any problems
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Amaya
Earning More Ears

No issues with over the counter . Just be sure to keep them in their original packaging.
Amaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
CLDisney
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I do though a lot of thins can be cheaper there. I take a codine based painkiller for severe headaches and always take a supply as they don’t sell opioids OTC in the USA.

Have you ever had an issue with this? Like with immigration or any lovely surprise bag checks? Do you take them in hand luggage or hold bags? I've read some people saying absolutely don't take them, due to the issue with opiods in the US and how they can be quite strict with them if you don't have a prescription.

Similarly to you, I sometimes need them for headaches. I suffer from migraine and I occasionally need to take a codeine based pain killer to tide me over so I can get home/somewhere dark and comfortable before I'm useless to the world. If I could bring them, it'd be a potential life saver
CLDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by CLDisney View Post
Have you ever had an issue with this? Like with immigration or any lovely surprise bag checks? Do you take them in hand luggage or hold bags? I've read some people saying absolutely don't take them, due to the issue with opiods in the US and how they can be quite strict with them if you don't have a prescription.

Similarly to you, I sometimes need them for headaches. I suffer from migraine and I occasionally need to take a codeine based pain killer to tide me over so I can get home/somewhere dark and comfortable before I'm useless to the world. If I could bring them, it'd be a potential life saver
Have taken them with me on multiple trips to the States except for a long weekend to Boston with my sisters. That’s when I found out they don’t sell the OTC.
They are only for personal use and like you, I need them for my migraine as I try not to take too many of the triptans I have on prescription.
I take one pack in my carry on and one in my hold bag - Solpadine is what I bring.

Edited at 10:53 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

I like to be prepared so take a basic first aid kit with meds in. Its just easier to have some on hand if needed. Usually painkillers and stomach meds.

If you have kids still taking syrup pain killers then take the sachets as the flavour of the US meds is different and my DD didn't like it when she was younger (probably worse as she was off colour)
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List