Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jul 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I think when celebrating a wedding/honeymoon then you wear it for your whole trip.

If it's your birthday or anniversary, then day of/max day or two either side.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo View Post
I was always thought that you can celebrate your birthday at Disney up to 6 months after or 6 months before your birthday...
Exactly this. If you phone to book anything you are asked ‘are you celebrating anything?’ and positively encouraged to do so.

Our first visit in 2010 was to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. The actual anniversary was in June and we went in December, but the trip was our present to each other and the whole trip was a celebration.

We were given First Visit badges which we wore a few times. (Pete of Pete’s Dragon spotted them in the electrical parade and shouted ‘happy first time’ to us.)

We were also given anniversary badges (I think you get something more generic now). We wore them every day as the whole trip was our celebration - although our ‘anniversary meal’ was at Victoria & Albert so we didn’t feel they were suitable to wear there!

We got loads of good wishes from CMs and guests. By the end of the trip we had got used to spotting guests with badges and wishing them happy whatever!

At most TS meals we got a little something. Sometimes Mickey confetti on the table, or a little dessert or cupcake, once a glass of sparkling wine.

My birthday was during the trip, but I only wore that badge on the day itself. I got a card signed by the characters at our breakfast in ‘Ohana. But best of all, at MVMCP that night, Santa shouted happy birthday to me from his sleigh in the parade.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've always been to Disney over my birthday (last few years). I started off wearing my badge the whole time but we had table service meals and apart from being wished a happy birthday by a LOT of people I've only ever received a cupcake at the table service meals in relation to a birthday "freebie". I did receive a card and balloon on my actual birthday in the room when I staying at the Boardwalk.

We aren't doing Disney this year, only Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens and Discovery Cove and so I'll try wearing my badge the whole time (my birthday is actually when we are there, my daughter's is in October) and see what happens. If it gets too much I'll take it off :-)
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m so glad someone has asked this question! dd will turn 9 about a week after we return so I like the idea of celebrating somehow while we are there ... I know she will mither about it not actually being her birthday / feeling dishonest if someone wishes her happy birthday, unless I can honestly tell her that lots of others do the same
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm re using our Red Anniversary badges from 5 years ago (before they stopped them) for our upcoming trip. Just rubbed out the 25 and rewritten 30 with a Sharpie pen. Hopefully we'll get a cupcake like last time!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

This trip is a bit more special for us as it,s DW 50th in Nov and our 25th Wedding Anniversary year back in March so we spent a little more as POR has a special place in our hearts as our first onsite stay when it was my 40th.
We shall ask for and wear our badges with pride for the duration of our stay although our 15yr old DD might disown us!
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

We wear our anniversary badges for the duration of our time there. Disney was our honeymoon and whenever we go back its for our anniversary celebration. I do tend to sneak mine off after a couple of days as i get sick of being congratulated! Never been given any freebies, not expected them.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

My birthday is our
First day and I will wear my badge that day only.

My daughters 13th birthday however is after we’ve left Disney but still whilst in Florida. We ha e chosen our last Disney day to celebrate her birthday. We are going to 1900 park fare bfast then animal kingdom. Her choice. She will wear her badge that day even though her birthday is 5 days later when we are on a cruise . If that makes sense .
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
hallamdisneyfan
Earning More Ears

My daughter will turn 17 in three days time and we will be at WDW! We will try to get her a badge and all of us first-timer badges, and we will probably wear them all trip
hallamdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
I’m so glad someone has asked this question! dd will turn 9 about a week after we return so I like the idea of celebrating somehow while we are there ... I know she will mither about it not actually being her birthday / feeling dishonest if someone wishes her happy birthday, unless I can honestly tell her that lots of others do the same
Even though my birthday falls on our trip this is how I feel about wearing it on days that aren’t my actual birthday... I haven’t watched the full series of vlogs yet to see if the you river got wishes happy birthday loads or got anything free but in one of her opening comments that’s what she said she wanted... as I said in my first post we have the QSDP so there will be more than enough free food for me 🤣 Hope your daughter enjoys her birthday and the trip too!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List