Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Nov 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 4 ~ 1900 Park Fare, HS, DS, Outlets ~ Are We Going To Mickey Mouse World Mummy? ~ 30th Oct 18

Find the previous day HERE

So this trip consisted of:

Myself (Kelly) - Chief planner and organiser ... none of the trip would have happened without me

Husband (Chris) - The laid back photographer one ... I guess it wouldn't have happened without him paying for it so I have to give him some recognition there

Caitlin (Turned 12 when we were out there) - total drama llama and pre teen one.

Thomas (9) - the cheeky brain box one.

Noah (5) - the cute one (He was recently diagnosed as autistic, so it was a big challenge for us all to ensure we kept meltdowns to a minimum)

Day 4 – 1900 Park Fare, Hollywood Studios, Pool, Disney Springs, Woflgang Puck Express and Outlets

Everyone slept till the alarm this morning, yay my first morning sleeping in We were all up at 6.30am. We were up, sorted and at the bus stop for 7.30am. We had a breakfast reservation at 1900 Park Fare at 8.15am. We got the bus to Magic Kingdom then the monorail to the Grand Floridian. Our first time using the monorail and we got stuck at the Poly due to waiting for ‘traffic clearance’. We ended up being stuck for almost 15 minutes! I was getting stressed out by this point as it was another ADR we were going to be late for which would have a knock on effect for the rest of the day!

Eventually got set off again, the monorail driver announced that if you had dining reservations to let them know that the delay was due to the monorail system. We arrived just before 8.20am. We had no idea where to go, we got a quick photo from a passer by then headed downstairs in the lift. We found the signs for 1900 Park Fare weren’t well signposted from the monorail … unless we just completely missed them!

We asked at the reception desk and were directed to the restaurant. We apologised for being late (it was 8.35am) the CM was fine and told us to take a seat. We were seated in just a few minutes which wasn’t too bad considering we were late!

Just as we went in Mary Poppins was on the table before us so our drinks orders were taken (me and Chris had the ‘Jungle Juice’ again) and we waited for her to arrive. This is when it became apparent that Noah didn’t like ‘real’ characters he laid down on his seat and refused to speak or look at Mary She talked to the older two and tried to get Noah involved but he point blank ignored her.

Next up was the Mad Hatter and again Noah refused, he talked a load of nonsense which had the kid’s laughing, he was a very fun character although the kid’s acted very shy towards him.

We could see Pooh was on his way round so I went and got the kid’s so plates of food and Caitlin helped. When we got back Pooh had just arrived.

Thomas asked Chris to consult his question sheet again and Thomas said to Pooh, the honey’s all gone. Pooh put his hands up to his face as though he was shocked, then sad then shook his head and pointed to his tummy as though he ate it at all, the kid’s found it really funny. As Pooh was a dressed up character Noah was fine and gave him plenty of hugs.

Mine and Noah’s food from the buffet

Alice was on her way round and Noah was having a meltdown as he only wanted pancakes not a Mickey waffle too. I’d cut these up when he was seeing Pooh and obviously he didn’t like it. He ended up knocking a full pot of syrup all over the table! Chris took Noah aside and managed to calm him down whilst I cleaned up the syrup. Chris then took Noah to choose more food … he came back with this

Cheese and gummy bears, plus another pot of syrup. Now he’d calmed down he happily sat and ate the pancakes AND the Mickey waffles … go figure!

Next up was Alice, again Noah refused to see her and hid under the table. Now I’m not sure if it was just this Alice or if they all do, but she seriously never stopped talking! My head was spinning with everything she was saying the kid’s said after they just laughed and nodded as they didn’t understand what she was talking about I think Thomas’s face says it all

Now all the characters had been I went to get some more food. I wanted to try the strawberry soup but for some reason I didn’t, could really kick myself for forgetting! Everything I had was lovely though.

Altogether this took about 40 minutes, which again I didn’t think was too bad for a character meal. We were seated in a good area near the buffet and right before the characters reached our table which helped with the timings I think. After finishing up and paying we queued to meet Tigger. All the kid’s loved this, Thomas asked Tigger to bounce with him and he jumped up and down

We headed for the bus as we were going to Hollywood Studios. The bus was sign posted for 10 minutes so we decided to put suncream on everyone to fill in some time whilst we waited. We just managed to get us all creamed and cleaned up with wipes as the bus arrived. We didn’t think we were going to get seated as there was a huge queue, however, some of the others must have been waiting for other buses.
Once we got off the bus we did the long walk to the park, now I’d read about this but didn’t expect it to be as long as it actually was On the way Caitlin and Thomas started arguing and Caitlin hit Thomas so she was told she’d lost pool time, this then ensued a drama from her crying and whinging. In the end we just ignored up and left her to follow us. The easiest and best way to deal with Caitlin is to not give her the attention as awful as it sounds.

We were in Hollywood Studios by 10.10am. We got our bearings then headed straight to Frozen Ever After. We only waited about 5 minutes before we were let in which was just what we needed as it was so hot out (29 degrees).

The kid’s all loved it … although none of them sang a long with me!

The plan had been to do Celebrity Spotlight before this but we ended up not having time. After FEA we headed to our 10.30am Tower Of Terror FP with a few photos along the way as we went the wrong way

Caitlin was totally bricking it, mean mummy found it quite funny. She likes the frog hopper at Alton Towers and I told her it’s similar to that just a big bigger I think the photo says it all for Caitlin

As usual Chris has the camera in front of his face 🙄 Noah kept pushing my hand off his leg telling me to ‘let go mam’ I was so worried he was going to come out of his seat! He absolutely loved it, in fact we all did … apart from Caitlin. We told her we were really proud of her for going on and trying it. When we came off she said it wasn’t too bad … I think you need to tell your face Caitlin

Next up we headed to the Rock N Rollercoaster FP with a stop at FairFX to grab some iced water for everyone. We sorted out parent swap and Thomas and I rode first. This was Thomas’s first ‘real’ rollercoaster with an over the head harness and going upside down … he LOVED it … his face on the pic is just brilliant, again he kept shouting ‘This is awesome!’

We came off the ride and found Noah and Caitlin had their faces painted, in hindsight this was a total waste of money as we were going back to the pool this afternoon! Noah opted for the Pluto and Caitlin the Minnie one. Chris said Noah sat so still when he had it done and didn’t move a muscle. Chris thought he’d actually gone to sleep at one point he was that still and that’s not like Noah at all.

Chris went on RnR with Thomas whilst we waited in the shade for them. I remember sending a snapchat to my friend showing the temp as 29 degrees, we were roasting … my friend didn’t appreciate our problems at all Next up we headed to kiosk and got some ice creams. Caitlin and I got the frozen strawberry lemonade, Chris and Thomas got orange lolly’s and Noah got a Mickey Ice Cream, we used 5 snack credits for these.

We tried to navigate our own way to Toy Story Land and somehow ended up near the Muppets we really should have got a map. We sat and ate our ice creams then continued back to TSL using our phones haha. We got to ourselves to Toy Story Mania eventually

We were there for 1pm and our TSM FP ran out at 1.30pm. Now we did plan on using the DAS pass to get a return time for Alien Swirling Saucers which we’d do after TSM but for some reason we left it. The plan had us doing the Indiana Jones Stunt show at 1.15pm which obviously wasn’t going to happen now.

We went on TSM and I was really pleased with myself to get 139,000 on my first go, I slaughtered all our team not that I’m competitive or anything haha. We then decided to get some snacks as we had an ADR at Beaches and Creams for 5pm. So we stopped off and got the kid’s their first taste of American popcorn, which they all loved. Again in hindsight we should have got them one each but we didn’t! We also got a Mickey Pretzel and a coke to share, we used 3 snack credits. We sat on the sidewalk to eat them in the shade. We watched 2 little girls having a battle with light sabres it was so cute!

It was almost 2pm now so we left for the exit with Chris taking photos along the way.

When we left we seen the photopass photographer barely had a queue so we joined it. The poor guy had a huge family he was trying to photograph, there must have been about 30 of them and he tried to squeeze them all in the shot! Once they’d done they then decided to have photo’s separately 🙄 the couple who’d joined behind us changed their mind and left.

By now the long day and the heat were starting to get to everyone, particularly Noah. We asked him to get out of the pushchair to get a photo and we were met with a complete meltdown, crying, shouting and lashing out. We said it’s fine we can do it in the pushchair, I pushed the pushchair over and then Noah decided he didn’t want a photo at all he undid his belt and went to run off! I ended up carrying him surfboard style and pulling pushchair behind me whilst Chris, Caitlin and Thomas got a photo 🙄

I managed to calm Noah down eventually, we never got to the bottom of why he it all kicked off. We waited about 15 minutes for a bus and were back to POR by 2.45pm. With how late it had got we decided to cancel Beaches and Creams, I was gutted ☹ I had only just managed to get the ADR a few weeks before we left but with running over time at HS we just wouldn’t have time, plus we’d promised the kid’s pool time. Chris took the kid’s to Ol’ Man Island whilst I went to reception with a case full of laundry and to cancel the ADR. We managed to cancel with no penalty and the CM informed me that to use the laundry you needed a credit card … darn it … I’d left my purse etc in the room as I thought I could use my magic band. Rookie mistake.

I walked over to Ol’ Man Island to meet Chris and the kid’s, I looked like a right numpty walking round the pool with a case they were all in the pool, I found the beds and sat down to read my magazine. I also texted Arosiem as I knew she was flying out the next day.

We headed back to the room around 4.30pm. Everyone showered and changed and we drove to Disney Springs for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express. We parked in the lime garage. Chris waited outside World Of Disney with Caitlin and Noah as I went in to redeem our gift card.

I asked a CM where I collected our gift card and she sent me to the main cash registers. We stood in the queue for 10 minutes to then be told there is a kiosk at the other end of the store and we’d been misinformed So off Thomas and I went to find the kiosk, there was 1 person in front of us. This was rather straight forward and we were given the gift card straight away. We’d probably been in the store almost half an hour by this point and Chris had come looking for us and was having a grump 🙄 Whilst outside Noah thought he’d check if it was quiet enough to take his ear defenders off … he soon decided it wasn’t

We headed over to Wolfgang Puck Express as I was conscious of the time and we had planned to go to the Vineland Outlets after. There was no queue at all in Wolfgang! Normally this would have been fab but when no one knew what we wanted it kind of put us under pressure

I opted for:

Rotisserie Chicken - Garlic Butter, Rosemary and Mashed Potatoes - $16.

Chris:

Spaghetti and Meatballs - Torn Basil and Parmesan - $16

Caitlin:

Cheese Pizza - - $11.50

Thomas and Noah:

Crispy Chicken Tenders – with French fries - $13

We asked for an extra plate for the boys to share their meal which wasn’t a problem. We all opted for fountain drinks. When the server brought the food over Noah had a meltdown as he didn’t want to ‘share’ his food 🙄 he started crying and refused to eat. We split the food up and after some coaxing managed to get him to eat.
We all really enjoyed the food in here, it didn’t feel like we were eating at a quick service restaurant. My chicken was so juicy and tender and the mash was beautiful. It’s definitely somewhere we would visit again. Noah loved how stringy the cheese was on the pizza

It was starting to get dark and entertainers were coming out, they were fab.

There was also a walking tree but Chris took a video instead of photos. It was great watching people get caught out by it, we could have stood there all evening … but the handbags were calling me! We were in the car and on the way to the outlets by 7.15pm. This was Chris’s first time driving outside of Disney … he did well.

We arrived at the Vineland Outlets by 7.30pm.

Caitlin came into Kate Spade with me whilst the boys waited outside. Some little creature landed on the pushchair so that kept the boys fascinated for a few minutes and they took some pictures too.

I got a new handbag and purse … the pictures don’t do it justice. They were both in the 70% off section with an additional 20% off! I paid less for the 2 of these than I did for my half the size Kate Spade bag I got in London for my birthday.

Purse - $189 down to $45.36
Handbag - $399 down to $95.76

I went to the food court and picked up the free savings passport and was gutted to realise I could have got an extra 10% off ☹ I had a quick look in Michael Kors but was really disappointed there wasn’t anything that caught my eye. It was nearly 9pm by now so we decided to head back. We were back for 9.15pm and the kid’s were asleep by 9.30pm.

Steps: 17,391
Snacks: 8 USED – 124 LEFT
QS Credits:4 USED- 47 LEFT
TS Credits: 5 USED - 60 LEFT

Edited at 08:25 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ah a lovely 6.30am lie in! A shame you arrived a bit frazzled due to the monorail issue. The breakfast at 1900 looked great. What is it about kids and cheese plates? Ha ha, that was hilarious and brought back some memories of Max's buffet plates.

Hollywood studios looked fun. I'm glad you managed to get everyone on TOT it's such a cool ride. The face painting looked brilliant we've never bothered I think the kids always felt so hot they didn't want anyone fussing with their faces!

A shame you ended up cancelling the Beaches and Cream ADR, but it was probably the right decision to have some pool time.

Oooh what a lovely bag and matching purse. Beautiful.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

That sounds like another great day, your new handbag is lovely!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
The face painting looks lovely on them both
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Mobile

What a great day - 1900 park fare breakfast looks lovely! Mad Batter sounds like a fab character to meet!

What a fab picture of Thomas on R&R! He is braver than me!

A shame you had to cancel your beaches and cream reservation but sounded like it was the best idea. Plus your food at Wolfgang looked lovely - not like a QS at all!

I love a bargain like that - I brought a bag this time too and not a purse and really regretting it! I can't bring myself to pay UK prices for a purse which will cost more than the bag lol!xx
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Hi Kelly, just catching up with your report now

Your children were very brave on ToT, and Thomas extremely brave to ride RnR coaster, i still haven't been brave enough for that one

We love 1900 PF and the "talking" characters there, and yes, Alice is ALWAYS really chatty. We had great interaction with her and the Hatter on our last visit. Such a shame Noah didn't like the "real" characters, but he does seem to love meeting the other characters. I love GF too, it would be my dream resort.

Shame you had to miss Beaches and Cream, it is always difficult to fit it all in, and going to a resort for an ADR does take a while. We were hoping to visit the Contemporary for a QS meal this trip, but just couldn't fit it in.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ah a lovely 6.30am lie in! A shame you arrived a bit frazzled due to the monorail issue. The breakfast at 1900 looked great. What is it about kids and cheese plates? Ha ha, that was hilarious and brought back some memories of Max's buffet plates.

Hollywood studios looked fun. I'm glad you managed to get everyone on TOT it's such a cool ride. The face painting looked brilliant we've never bothered I think the kids always felt so hot they didn't want anyone fussing with their faces!

A shame you ended up cancelling the Beaches and Cream ADR, but it was probably the right decision to have some pool time.

Oooh what a lovely bag and matching purse. Beautiful.
The lie in was much needed ... I certainly didn't need the snooze like I normally do

I know, when Chris and Noah came back I was bad laughing and told Chris about Max and his 'cheese' plate ... he just looked at me like I was mad Noah could give Max a run for his cheese I think!

I was surprised we managed to get Caitlin on, we do go on again later in the holiday ... will Caitlin make it on again?

I think Chris just wanted a quiet half an hour wait whilst we were on RnR to be fair they did say to us that if we kept the receipt we could get it redone throughout the day but obviously we were leaving so it didn't really matter. Never mind.

I'm still upset about it now but yeah they did need the pool time. It is still a place I want to go and try though! Mainly for the kitchen sink

It's lovely, the pictures don't do it justice ... I haven't used this one ... yet x

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
That sounds like another great day, your new handbag is lovely!
It was a lovely day and I love it, thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
The face painting looks lovely on them both
It does, I was surprised Caitlin had it done as she suffers from eczema and normally comes out in a rash from face paint but she was fine! x

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
What a great day - 1900 park fare breakfast looks lovely! Mad Batter sounds like a fab character to meet!

What a fab picture of Thomas on R&R! He is braver than me!

A shame you had to cancel your beaches and cream reservation but sounded like it was the best idea. Plus your food at Wolfgang looked lovely - not like a QS at all!

I love a bargain like that - I brought a bag this time too and not a purse and really regretting it! I can't bring myself to pay UK prices for a purse which will cost more than the bag lol!xx
1900 Park Fare was one of the nicest breakfasts we had, along with Tusker House and the characters were lovely.

Thomas is like a little daredevil, Noah's the same but he's not tall enough yet Caitlin's not at all, but I think it's since we got her on Rita at Alton Towers

It was really, they all needed pool time and I needed downtime. Just means we have to go back sometime The food in Wolfgang was lovely, definitely worth a QS credit, we left about $10 for the lovely server too as she was so helpful and attentive.

Oh no way! I think I went a bit overboard well that's what Mr Grump would say lol.

Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Hi Kelly, just catching up with your report now

Your children were very brave on ToT, and Thomas extremely brave to ride RnR coaster, i still haven't been brave enough for that one

We love 1900 PF and the "talking" characters there, and yes, Alice is ALWAYS really chatty. We had great interaction with her and the Hatter on our last visit. Such a shame Noah didn't like the "real" characters, but he does seem to love meeting the other characters. I love GF too, it would be my dream resort.

Shame you had to miss Beaches and Cream, it is always difficult to fit it all in, and going to a resort for an ADR does take a while. We were hoping to visit the Contemporary for a QS meal this trip, but just couldn't fit it in.
Hi Sue, thanks for reading

They all did amazingly, Noah and Caitlin weren't too keen on the pre show but managed ok. Caitlin did really well, we were really proud of her.

The characters were brilliant, I'm not sure if the kid's were a little overwhelmed as it was the first 'real' characters they'd met. Hopefully we'll be a bit more prepared next time.

It is isn't it, we would have drove over but I didn't want to be rushing yet again, they all needed pool time and it gave me a good half an hour to chill with my book and just soak everything up xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looks like you had a great day & such a shame we didn’t realise earlier we were both at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast at the same time 😎
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MikeH23 View Post
Looks like you had a great day & such a shame we didn’t realise earlier we were both at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast at the same time 😎
It is isn't it! Thanks for reading xx
Old 3 Dec 18, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Looked like you had another great day there.

1900 breakfast looked brilliant with some great character meets too.

Thomas' face on Rock n rollercoaster is brilliant haha. The faces kids make on some of the pictures are brilliant aren't they.

The face painting on Noah and Caitlin looked brilliant. Joshua and Trayvon would have loved that. Can you remember how much it cost please?
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List