Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 May 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 5 8th May Universal

We tended to follow the same routine everyday, early alarm, gym, shower, go. Today was Universal Studios so we got an Uber at 8.00am and arrived around 8.30am ready to get into the queue for Gringotts.

They let everyone in just before 9.00am and the queue was at 20 minutes. The locker system is such a huge faff especially with having to remember to keep your park ticket and the lockers are always so busy. The queue was 30 minutes by the time we got out of the lockers. Brett enjoyed the queue but wasnt sure what to expect from the ride as it's hard to explain what the ride does. We only queued for about 15-20 minutes in total and i warned Brett about the drop at the beginning of the ride. He absolutely loved it, he was really impressed with the rides in both Disney and Universal. We took a few pictures in Diagons Alley and got a butterbeer to sample.

We headed round to Transformers as this is one of Brett's favourite movie franchises and had pictures with Bumblebee and Optimus Prime before going on the ride. Todays tshirts were also Transformers.

We walked back to the front of the park to see what the wait for Despicable Me was and it was 60 minutes! We didnt bother as everything else was 20 minutes or less. We went on Shrek 4D instead which Brett found hilarious and we met Shrek, Fiona and Donkey at the end. Donkey is so much fun and he sounds just like Eddie Murphy. The cast member took a great video of the chat.

Next up was Jimmy Fallon, which i have never done before and i have to say this was one of our favourite rides of the whole trip. It was really silly but lots of fun- i cant believe it is always zero wait.

We went on The Mummy next and this was probably the most intense ride Brett has done and i think it threw him a bit. We went on it again later so he did like it eventually.

Brett is a big fan of Fast and Furious too so he was really looking forward to this ride and seeing all the cars from the films. This is another ride to me and i loved it but i think it is a bit short- the street chase was really good but it needed to be longer!

We were a little hungry now so we went to Simpsons land for some food at Krusty Burger and Cletus Chicken Shack. I had the Krusty Burger, i do love these, so messy but the sauce and melted cheese is yummy. Brett had chicken and waffles and he enjoyed this (as well as half of my burger). We had fanta and chocolate milkshake to drink.

We went on the Simpsons ride which Brett thought was hilarious especially the part with Maggie. We also went on ET which i havent done for years and i forgot just how amazing this ride is. It's so old and dated but i think thats the appeal- Brett loved it too.

We walked round to see if we could see some characters and there were loads out. Brett had a really funny interaction with Beetlejuice who said something about them both being dead men, him being actually dead and Brett as he is a married man.

Betty Boop was also really funny and excited to find out we had just got married.

My favourite meet of the day was Scooby Doo and the gang. Shaggy was spot on and i couldnt stop laughing at him. I told Velma she was my favourite and she said we could be friends and we look the same. Fred was amazing, i suspect he may have been English as he knew a lot and started talking about the Trafford Centre and Everton and Wayne Rooney. Brett was having some good banter with him.

We decided to have a cheeky cocktail before the next Blues Brothers show and went to La Bamba for Mimosas- i had Caramel Apple and Brett had Coconut Pineapple. Really really nice but pricey at $25 for two drinks in plastic cups

We headed round to the Blues Brothers show and one of the highlights of the whole holiday. It was so much fun, singing and dancing in the street. I took a few videos of Brett enjoying the show. The guy playing the saxophone loved him and kept waving at him. He gave him a little fist bump as the car was driving away at the end.

instagram/p/BxYRfqUl...=1cv2pam0giikw

We stayed on to watch the sing-off battle, which was really clever and they picked on Brett to answer a few questions, affectionately calling him "the guy with the coloured arms"

It was now 5.30pm and time to head to Citywalk for some cocktails. We follow a lot of food and cocktail pages on IG and one particular bartender caught our eye a while ago as the cocktails are so pretty. He always likes our posts and we always like his. He posted a picture from work a few months ago and it turned out he worked at NBC Bar and Grill! We messaged him to find out when he would be working and said we would stop by for a cocktail. Jorge was one of the nicest guys we have ever met and had saved us two seats at the bar so he could chat to us. He asked us what we wanted to drink and we said anything he wanted to create. We also ordered a giant pretzel with beer cheese and a portion of sweet chipotle boneless chicken.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere in here and it is much better than the old Nascar bar. We got chatting to so many amazing people at the bar. I love Americans they are so friendly. One guy latched onto Brett and spent ages telling him about his obsession with The Prodigy and how he followed the band all over the world and now he doesnt know what to do with his life now Keith is gone. Bless him, Brett gave him some sound advice about using the opportunity to find a new love, maybe a girl or another passion.

It was time to head home and again we found out that our cheque had been covered! This time it wasnt just one round though, it was over $100 bill. People were being far too generous to us and it was really lovely. We gave Jorge a good tip and said we would see him next week when we were back up at Universal. We got an Uber back to Disney around 10.30pm

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

It’s torture seeing all those cocktails they look delicious!
You packed so much in to this day😁
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loulabelle18 View Post
It’s torture seeing all those cocktails they look delicious!
You packed so much in to this day😁
Jorge is really clever, they let you be a lot more creative at Universal than Disney- we had some good ones later in the trip at Toothsome too! It was a really slow day at Universal, we did pretty much every ride

2021- London

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day and as you say you met some lovely generous people on the way

Joan
Old 28 May 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Another fantastic day topped off by "free cocktails" - apart from your obviously infectious bubbly personalities is it your tattoo's that give people something to talk to you about initially
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great cocktails 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What a great day, the cocktails look fab 👍
Thanks for posting 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day and as you say you met some lovely generous people on the way

Joan
Thank you, we definitely have been very lucky with the people we have met

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Another fantastic day topped off by "free cocktails" - apart from your obviously infectious bubbly personalities is it your tattoo's that give people something to talk to you about initially
I know i felt really guilty afterwards as i wouldnt have had so many if i had known someone else was going to cover the cheque i agree i think tattoos are a talking point especially in america, people always seem drawn to Brett too he definitely has an infectious personality

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great cocktails 👍
They really were lovely

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
What a great day, the cocktails look fab 👍
Thanks for posting 🙂
Thank you we had a great time at NBC

2021- London

Old 4 Jun 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh my word; what a generous person covering your bill! You certainly have had lots of pixie dust. It's lovely to hear that there are still thoughtful, nice and generous people out there!

Each day seems to top the last (except of course your wedding day )
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Oh my word; what a generous person covering your bill! You certainly have had lots of pixie dust. It's lovely to hear that there are still thoughtful, nice and generous people out there!

Each day seems to top the last (except of course your wedding day )
it was really kind and I did feel bad as we had had so many expensive drinks as we were obviously expecting to pay our own bill! we have been so lucky to have had such a magical time

2021- London