Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jul 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Sweet Tomatos will be your best friend. Imagine the Harvester salad bar as a restaurant. My husband is obsessed with it.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Most days we had breakfast in our room - we took cereal and plastic bowls and spoons with us and stored low fat milk in the fridge. If you have a QS breakfast eggs are free. Just avoid the foods that have really high syn value - fries, white bread, ice cream and save your syns for dinner. Don’t restrict yourself too much as you are on holiday and can get back on plan when you get home. Enjoy yourself!
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Some of the chain restaurants do lighter options section of the menu. All the chains will do veg eg broccoli not carbs with a steak.
Good luck. I've lost 4 stone 5.5 lb on slimming world since January, it does work.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I am aiming to try and not put on the half a stone I usually do in 2 weeks at Disney on the Deluxe Dining Plan, as I have worked incredibly hard to loose one stone this year. My plan is to try and eat more fish, try and avoid fried, and eat less carbs. If this means ordering something I really fancy but don’t want to eat the whole enormous portion, then I’ll eat what I want and leave the rest. It’s the snacks which are going to be the hardest, but I’m hoping the increased exercise will counter act eating these. And stick to water rather than sugary drinks. Try not to let it ruin your enjoyment though as you can always loose it when you get home.
Old 17 Jul 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I just swapped coke for sprite and also when you get the salads for starters only use half the dressing.
Only little things but helped keep the weight off for me
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by SAFC_FTM View Post
Only way to prevent weight increase is to ensure you calorie intake is not more than your calorie burn.
If like most people you are doing a lot of walking your calorie burn should be pretty high.
Do you have any idea how many steps you will be doing a day? So long as it is at least 10000 steps you should still be able to eat well if you are sensible.

One good thing about USA is most of the restaurants state calories on their menus and you can even go a step further and track everything you eat through MyFitnessPal app.

If you give me a rough idea of what you think your average steps per day would be and what you weight is in pounds I can give you a guide on what you calorie intake should be to maintain your current weight.
Was literally about to write this

I’m down to my goal weight now but run a lot
I plan to run while I’m there just to keep my legs ticking over
But calorie counting is a must!

I wear a Garmin all day every day and it tells me how many calories a day I burn (even sat on my bum all day when I’m working from home I burn 1600-1800)

In Disney I’ll be on the ddp I’ll have steak most nights but instead of fries will have extra veg

With regards to your salad dressing at max it probably has 50 calories... eat the salad dressing for goodness sake lol
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I do SW too and try not to eat rubbish or fatty food each meal - but I don't refuse myself anything I really want either. There are loads of lovely QS salads (which I try to have for lunch - not always though ) and healthier choices (the World Showcase has good options). For breakfast there are fruit pots, granola/fruit/yogurt, bagels to toast - you help yourself to philly etc, scrambled eggs etc. If I have soft drinks its Light Lemonade which I love.
I usually put around 7 lbs on but last trip it was 3.5lbs by doing this.
This is the Mediterranean Chicken Salad from ABC Commissary.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 07:30 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mumbread22
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Thank you everyone for your replies. Xx
mumbread22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
I just swapped coke for sprite
Coke has the same calories as Sprite!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Salads are a great way to go. My first trip to Disney I lost 3kg from walking. I don’t recall doing anything too special but we often shared a salad and a main course in the evening.

I’ve not done it since but then we haven’t attached the parks in the same way as that trip.

We now share lunches as the portion sizes are so big and avoid chips. But my favourite quick service is the sauti canteen in pandora as they did a kale and quinoa salad that was amazing. Not regular theme park fare though.

Oh I don’t know how much a dole whip is in syns but it’s low cal. I can’t imagine the frozen bananas in AK will be bad either. Enjoy some snacks you are on holiday.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List