Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Aug 13, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

Barcelona Flights

We cruise next July around the Med with Magic and I was looking at BA flights to Barcelona.

They are out and would be about £92 pp for next year and I am quite tempted. However, Easyjet flights are just slightly better timewise for the return flight and can't check their prices as the flights won't be released for a few months yet. Has anyone booked Easyjet earlier this year for this July/August? Would you be happy to tell me how much you paid per adult just so I can see if it's worth me hanging on and booking them when they get released?
Old 25 Aug 13, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Sorry, not much use to you except to say the BA price sounds good but then we know Easyjet can come up with better and also to say your name is fab, how many of us on here wish we had thought of it!

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 13, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

£92 sounds good
I paid over £230 each from Glasgow with jet2 to get to Barcelona
Old 25 Aug 13, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto66
Imagineer

We booked our Easyjet flights for our July cruise as soon as they came out last year and we were £303 for 2 adults and 1 child. That also included 1 piece of luggage too flying from Gatwick to Barcelona.
Old 25 Aug 13, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I have booked BA for Barcelona next year, lots of flights from Gatwick and Heathrow, and when I compared Summer 2013, prices with Easyjet and Ryanair, yes base price was cheaper but with my cruise luggage and extras such as card surcharges, both were far higher than BA for the trip. So I have gone direct and booked BA, who I also trust more, as they have a wider base of planes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 13, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
morgwyn
Earning More Ears

Barcelona Flights

Yes we have also booked BA for next July we flew with them this year and found they compared very well including luggage
morgwyn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 13, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We have booked Easyjet for all of our Med cruises (3 so far), but that was because the price was a lot cheaper than BA.
Looking at this year, BA started off really high as normal, but I checked about 3 weeks ago and saw the price had dropped.

I'm still debating whether to book or not .. Choices choices! EJ have always been very good for us, no delays, good service and good prices.

May try BA as can book it now, or is it better the devil you know?!
Old 25 Aug 13, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
We have booked Easyjet for all of our Med cruises (3 so far), but that was because the price was a lot cheaper than BA.
Looking at this year, BA started off really high as normal, but I checked about 3 weeks ago and saw the price had dropped.

I'm still debating whether to book or not .. Choices choices! EJ have always been very good for us, no delays, good service and good prices.

May try BA as can book it now, or is it better the devil you know?!
Go with BA, normal luggage is included...

The price you see is the price you pay, not lots of add ons.

Plus with a large fleet 'if' a plane goes 'tech' then they often can get another over, or another flight for you.
Old 25 Aug 13, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Hi, can I just jump in and ask, what time is it realistic to be able to get back to BCN for?
I have found some BA flights that leave BCN at 10.30am, or the next one doesn't leave until 3.25pm. Is the 10.30am flight do - able?

Thanks

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 13, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disneymadhouse View Post
Hi, can I just jump in and ask, what time is it realistic to be able to get back to BCN for?
I have found some BA flights that leave BCN at 10.30am, or the next one doesn't leave until 3.25pm. Is the 10.30am flight do - able?

Thanks
I wouldn't recommend it, doable yes, but cutting it fine. I would say take a later one, you do not need the worry if you will make it or not.
Closed Thread