Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 May 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Jeez I get jealous about thread like this- Virgin Upper, school holidays is about 3-4k each. Wish I could get these deals. One day!
Old 12 May 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Jeez I get jealous about thread like this- Virgin Upper, school holidays is about 3-4k each. Wish I could get these deals. One day!
Is it as bad for reward flights or don't they get offered during school holidays? I used miles for my flights, still have to pay taxes etc
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
travelbug0456
Getting Excited

I got for £125 each - no brainer. Wish it was that all the time.
Old 12 May 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
travelbug0456
Getting Excited

Forgot to add it was £125 plus a few miles
Old 12 May 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I flew UC on my return flight last year and was in 8K. I'm flying UC both ways this year and will be in 8K for both.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry for all the questions but how do you upgrade with miles and money? I’ve only got the option to upgrade cash at £465pp each way 😲
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
travelbug0456
Getting Excited

I think I maybe misled, I used miles then the taxes were I think around £125 as originally had econ then miles to pe then miles again to UC! (2 separate days as UC not avail initially)Have upgraded a couple of flights lately so could have got figures muddled but I know it only cost around £250 in total plus a low amount of miles to upgrade to upper. Hope that wasnt too confusing - I confused myself!
Old 12 May 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by travelbug0456 View Post
I think I maybe misled, I used miles then the taxes were I think around £125 as originally had econ then miles to pe then miles again to UC! (2 separate days as UC not avail initially)Have upgraded a couple of flights lately so could have got figures muddled but I know it only cost around £250 in total plus a low amount of miles to upgrade to upper. Hope that wasnt too confusing - I confused myself!
Not at all! Appreciate your help and clarification!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

That sounds incredible for both taxes and miles. Well done
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Hi Travel Bug, thanks for the info, we have flown CW with BA using miles the last couple of years, however with the changes to Amex (and having some VA miles) we are looking to switch to VA next year. Could I just ask, did you pay for the Economy flights with a cash ticket, or were these on miles too?

We are considering Eco out Upper back, paying 2 cash tickets, but we are trying to find the best combination to make the most of the miles. We will also have a premium upgrade, but didn't think about upgrading that again to Upper using miles. Thanks for your help.
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List