Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 May 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

I would continue to use if the price was right. All the negativity will only compound the issue and probably ruin them.
Dozens of other airlines in trouble and any TA could go under at anytime.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Well I’ve just booked a flight with them for 2020. Am i worried? Not really most transatlantic airlines are posting a loss (TC, TUI, Virgin) yes TC is large but that is due to a write down of a previous company they bought. Plus there is heavy competition in purchasing there airline. Look at Flybe Virgin bought them and they are still flying
Old 19 May 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by metalguru View Post
All very nice. Not everyone can get a credit card or a nice savings account. So you're talking bull again. More interested in how people pay for a holiday. Ridiculous.
I am offering good advice and yes I do have an opinion on people who waste money, but surley people who cant get credit are the ones who most need to save a few quid !

Unless you are money laundering or only working in cash you can get a savings account you may not be able to get a credit card if you have a really really poor credit score but even then unless you have CCJ's or have been declared bankrupt in the last 6 years you should be able to.

Cant everyone get a post office savings people who live in glass houses and all that !
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

[QUOTE=metalguru;13853654]
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I I agree not everyone can get a credit card but I am puzzling over your claim that not everyone can get a savings account, not come across that, other than if there are money laundering concerns of course.

I said a nice savings account, one with higher interest. Which is normally based on your credit score. So not open to all. Maybe I wasn't clear.
Wrong the only savings accounts that will do a credit check are ones that may in the future turn to a current account with overdraft savings is not credit the best are listed here with up to 5% for regular savers !

moneysavingexpert/sa...ings-accounts/
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Mobile

A wee bit off topic but If people are interested companies financial reports are publicly available. Have a peek at all the major travel operators. Not one of them doesn’t have something sucking them down. It’s business. It’s the way consumerism works. There’s so many factors.
I’m interested in these things. So I don’t mind delving deeper. Appreciate some may rather stick needles in their eyes haha
Old 19 May 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucky23 View Post
Yes but I can't get insurance with end supplier failure as my holiday is 15 months away, so need to get it at the earliest possibility ( within a yr)
Not much use to you now but some companies will issue single trip travel insurance policies more than a year out. You could also purchase an annual policy to cover you. You obviously would need to renew it so would likely be more expensive than the single trip policy, however it's worth it for the cover and peace of mind.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by baboons View Post
People just making things up now. Unbelievable.
Who is making things up?

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Oliver123 View Post
Well I’ve just booked a flight with them for 2020. Am i worried? Not really most transatlantic airlines are posting a loss (TC, TUI, Virgin) yes TC is large but that is due to a write down of a previous company they bought. Plus there is heavy competition in purchasing there airline. Look at Flybe Virgin bought them and they are still flying
Actually Virgin aren't currently loss making (they have been in the past) and they almost certainly will be this year (as they look to offset as much of the Flybe acquisition costs as they can)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Actually Virgin aren't currently loss making (they have been in the past) and they almost certainly will be this year (as they look to offset as much of the Flybe acquisition costs as they can)

They made a loss of £26.1million. They don’t forecast hitting a profit until 2021
uk.reuters/article/uk-vi...-idUKKCN1RM1I3

Edited at 10:03 PM.
Oliver123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Oliver123 View Post
They made a loss of £26.1million. They don’t forecast hitting a profit until 2021
uk.reuters/article/uk-vi...-idUKKCN1RM1I3
Depends which report you read - same as TC - there loss was an accounting one which many commentators ignored.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List