Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jun 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile Talk to me about mpv/SUV

I'm considering getting rid of my diesel golf in the not too distant future. A diesel is not the right car for me now, just don't do the mileage. I've ruled out Nissan (had a rubbish qashqai) not keen on Vauxhall not bowled over with Ford or Renault. I fancy a SUV/MPV type car. Like the higher driving position but don't want a huge one. Decent boot so the dog can jump in and out. Good fuel economy and a bit of go when needed. Really like the look of the Mazda CX 3. Anyone got one or anything similar you would recommend. Not keen on the skoda yeti either. I made a huge mistake getting the Nissan so want to get it right this time. There was a huge fault with that and it's put me off Nissan.
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Are you are looking for a crossover rather than an SUV? The Yeti and CX3 are crossover size, Quashqui is an SUV size.

Renault and Nissan are essentially the same cars with different body panels.

Mazda are well built and generally reliable.

Edited at 08:32 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

I love the build and quality of the vw thought the Nissan felt generally not as solid and well made. Also found the Nissan big to drive. Just want something reliable nice to drive with a bit of poke comfy on a longer journey and like the higher driving position. I like the look of the Honda CRV & the Mazda at the moment. Not driven either yet.
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Both are good starting points. Toyota do a similar sized model as well.

Hyundai also do decent cars these days. Our Tucson has been excellent for DW. Bigger then you want but they do a crossover as well.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Both are good starting points. Toyota do a similar sized model as well.

Hyundai also do decent cars these days. Our Tucson has been excellent for DW. Bigger then you want but they do a crossover as well.
Toyota & Hyundai are the other two I keep looking at too. Thankyou.
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Good luck with the test drives and making your choice.

If buying new look at services like CarWow where you can dealers to compete for your business.
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mums got a seat ateca and really likes it. Bought for boot space as at the time she had both her mum’s and my dad’s wheelchair to fit in. She does like he higher driving position too.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

How about a VW Tiguan or Volvo XC60 although the latter may be a bit big for what you’re looking for?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

I love the Volvo just wasn't sure there was a petrol model.
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Love our Volvo XC60 but not as keen on the new model, ours is 2014 and just seemed much more solid.
Volvo now do an XC40 which might suit.