Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 20 Jun 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
WWE Fans

There may not be many on here, but if you are a fan of the professional wrestling promotion, it has just been announced on Twitter that from January 2020 they will be leaving Sky TV and heading over to BT Sports, ending a 30 year relationship between the two companies.

IMO, a disastrous move from WWE as they will lose LOADS of viewers that don't subscribe to BT Sports.

I'm a very casual WWE fan, but now I won't be watching it at all. Consider me disappointed.
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Urgh, i saw this and i agree with you.
I will not be subscriping to BT sports, but at least now i can cancel sky sports. the only reason i had it was for WWE.

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

My hubby says that we'll switch from Sky to Virgin as soon as our current contract is finished (we're locked in due to an offer) but I expect the reality will be that we'll add BT Sports to our Sky package. It would be great if Raw and Smackdown were shown on the WWE Network but that's not going to happen!

It's bad timing for WWE as the AEW weekly show is due to start at the end of the year (I think it's November) and that's going to be on ITV 4.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

I'm not sure if any of you keep up with What Culture Wrestling or their Vlogs but I'm with them and think it's a positive move, I think its for the best, Sky Sports coverage and focus on WWE has certainly dropped over the years other than maintaining the lives shows (RAW & SmackDown) and some PPV they offer nothing else, just like their move in the US onto FOX Sports I think WWE are aiming for a re-brand on BT Sports.

Still though, WWE of late has been a snooze fest, the brand split hardly counts anymore, they are recycling matches and feuds week in week out and PPV to PPV.

AEW, as raw as the bulk of their talent is, is certainly an alternative in terms of ring work, but other than a few top named talent, the rest of their roster needs to work on their storlines, promos and Mic work before they can really think about competing with the WWE, still though Double or Nothing and their upcoming shows like Fyter Fest and All Out are showing they have the pull and fan base to compete Live.