Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Apr 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Not sure - Disney haven't made any announcements about the Riviera yet!
Maybe they'll bring it up at D23 this year. That's when it was 'officially' announced last year 😊
Sometimes points that come into DVDs possession or are held by them (circa 5%) go out to cash bookings. This is effectively what happens at OKW and SSR.
You could always rent points at David's (DVC Request) and stay in Riviera.
I'm DVC and may book it for my 2020 trip.
Old 8 Apr 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida_2012 View Post
I am really concerned at the level of construction at CBR. When we booked in April 2017 the OPR area was meant to be finished in June 2018. The date then moved to August... then to the end of the year. The gondola hadn't been announced so technically the only official construction at the time of booking for the stay date should have been the riveria resort
The food tent, blocked pathways, noise.. concerns me.

I am now considering changing. Only option is to pay £200 to change to POFQ (this is from Disney via the travel agent). To pay to leave the resort because of slow progress, slipped schedules and unannounced construction angers me even more

Has anyone managed a change of resort free of charge? We had upgraded to DDP at time of booking.

What should we do? We'll be in the parks mostly but we plan to dine at resort on travel day, breakfast mostly at resort and have a few days of enjoying the pool / lunch mid afternoon at the resort in between park visits.
The food truck served decent enough Disney burgers and as most have said here, the breakfast buffet is great value. For us the rest of the food options for lunch and dinner were poor. At £200 I would consider a move. In the grand scheme of things, that’s not too bad.
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida_2012 View Post
I am really concerned at the level of construction at CBR. When we booked in April 2017 the OPR area was meant to be finished in June 2018. The date then moved to August... then to the end of the year. The gondola hadn't been announced so technically the only official construction at the time of booking for the stay date should have been the riveria resort
The food tent, blocked pathways, noise.. concerns me.

I am now considering changing. Only option is to pay £200 to change to POFQ (this is from Disney via the travel agent). To pay to leave the resort because of slow progress, slipped schedules and unannounced construction angers me even more

Has anyone managed a change of resort free of charge? We had upgraded to DDP at time of booking.

What should we do? We'll be in the parks mostly but we plan to dine at resort on travel day, breakfast mostly at resort and have a few days of enjoying the pool / lunch mid afternoon at the resort in between park visits.
Unfortunately no-one who booked direct with Disney is getting a foc move this year, or compensation to stay. Some who booked with, I think virgin (?), have been moved foc as they weren’t made aware of the construction/closures when booking.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Sometimes points that come into DVDs possession or are held by them (circa 5%) go out to cash bookings. This is effectively what happens at OKW and SSR.
You could always rent points at David's (DVC Request) and stay in Riviera.
I'm DVC and may book it for my 2020 trip.
Good to know, thanks YorkshireT 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Unfortunately no-one who booked direct with Disney is getting a foc move this year, or compensation to stay. Some who booked with, I think virgin (?), have been moved foc as they weren’t made aware of the construction/closures when booking.
Crazy really isn't it. I think Disney should still be giving some sort of comp to guests for putting up with all the disruption. Not just a couple of pins.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pavilion1983 View Post
To much “air space” in that tray. Definitely more space for buffet goodness
Lol - you're right too much air in there 😊
Old 8 Apr 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Just a bit more info for anyone going this summer.

As well as the Skyline tower being built between Jamaica and Aruba, I read earlier that another tower in being built behind Jamica 43, behind island markets area.

Depending on when you are going the works could be in progress or finished, but just bear it in mind.

😳
I'm not sure where to request now think I will leave my Jamaica request in place and if I get put in a bad room will kick up until they move me DH might be hiding at that point
Every single cast member has promised that my stay will still be magical so I will be holding them to that

Edited at 11:02 PM.
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

All I'd say is you are paying a lot of money for this trip. If it's anything like shown on that last Tim Tracker video, I'd have to be paid to stop there. It was terrible. Almost comic where the guy is shouting do it harder at the guy in the excavator slamming the bucket down and the ground was shaking. The Riviera construction, the skyliner all of it looked very disruptive. And eating in a tent reminiscent of 1980s TV show 'Mash' mess hall.
Nope, no chance would I spend thousands of hard earned to stop there.
It'll be lovely when it's finished, but Disney should have charged maximum $100 a night for a room when it's like this, at most.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

The food court, shop etc are due to open December this year, but Disney are very non commital about giving a confirmed date.
Ain't that the truth!
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

to be fair, there has been great change in this video from the very bleak one that was around in Feb.

I personally am not too afraid of the building works, although that is due to not going until Sept/Oct. If i was going within the next month I may feel differently.
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List