Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 May 23, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Maybe not as much use as others as this wasn’t in Orlando but…

Pickup location: Ronald Reagan National Airport, Washington, DC
Class booked: Intermediate car (ICAR)
Class received: Intermediate SUV (IFDR)
Rental company: Alamo

Booked a saloon car for a day so we could see the wider region (specifically Shenandoah National Park) but they had none and was offered either a Kia Soul or a Jeep Compass. Obviously we took the Jeep 😉. It was almost brand new. 198 miles on the clock and still had that new car smell. Overall a great car for a great day.

Old 1 Jun 23, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
HORSE
Imagineer

14 days full size SUV through Dutch Alamo partner
$620, around £495 payable on return.
Pick up and return MCO, picked up from A side
Jeep Wagoneer 8 seater with under 500 miles on the clock
Edit… Final price charged on credit card £493.24

Plenty of legroom for second and third row passengers

Loads of luggage space, second and third row seats are electric fold/raise from buttons in the rear panel

Edited at 12:54 PM.
HORSE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 23, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Simmyoto
Proud to wear my Ears

7 days via Alamo NL collected and returned to MLB. £260 for 1 week.
Class booked Standard pick up F150 or similar
Class taken "premium" pick up? F150 V8 Lariat edition
Beautiful truck, 5200 miles on the clock on collection, android auto, car play, active navigation subscription, not checked for Xm / sirius as we're Spotify people
Totally in love with the vehicle, road presence is king! No idiots trying to bully in front of me on the freeways !

Simmyoto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 23, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

No internal shots unfortunately. Dodge Ram 1500 But amazing to drive in LA, hired from Andy, kept an eye on price and came in cheaper than a compact! So good to be able to look over the roof of a Range Rover. from Thrifty, no hard sell @ LAX it had dome 56k miles

This is a comparison, to a Prius on the left

No tonneau covers on any pick ups usually
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 23, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
nape dog
Proud to wear my Ears

Pickup location: MCO
Class booked: W Class Std SUV
Class received: W Class Std SUV
Rental company: Avis

I got a Toyota 4Runner. Could have had something else, but the kids wanted a blue car so we went with the 4Runner.

One of the worst cars I’ve ever driven. Never again!

We barely drove anywhere as on property so I didn’t bother changing it. If we were elsewhere and driving more, I definitely would have.

Edited at 02:42 PM.
nape dog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 23, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Alfiebeau
Trying for More Ears

Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Catergory of car hired:- P6 Large Elite SUV - QX80 or similar
Make of car you got:- Suburban Premier
Hire car company used:- Hertz
Cost:- £575 12 days

We usually book a Surburban but it was either more money or not available so went with the QX80 to see if they were as bad as I remember. Anyway as a Hertz gold member name and bay number on the board and got there to find a fairly new surburban (6k miles) so was more than happy with what I think was technically a downgrade

Alfiebeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 23, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Luke_
Proud to wear my Ears

Catergory of car hired:- Convertible (Mustang or Similar)
Make of car you got:- Ford Mustang
Hire car company used:- Alamo
Cost:- Originally £303 after car issues £263
Booked the Gold package.

Picked up without issues at the B side, offered a choice of colours between Black and Red, cars were locked and keys were at the desk strangely.

Car was tidy inside and out with no damage, sadly it had issues with the wheels being out of balance and it shook at highway speed, back to Alamo and swapped out with an apology and a credit on the bill.

Luke_ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 23, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Luke_
Proud to wear my Ears

Catergory of car hired:- Convertible (Mustang or Similar)
Make of car you got:- Ford Mustang
Hire car company used:- Alamo

This was the second convertible we had as we needed to swap out before our drive down to the Keys.

Had a higher mileage but given the first car went back almost empty I got a free tank of fuel and the guys in the garage knocked $50 off the rental cost.

Did the job for our trip into the keys, did wind up with a slow puncture but can’t be sure whether it was before or after we collected.

Definitely can’t recommend using the rear two seats though, there was very little space with two adults in the front seats.

Boot space can be an issue depending on your bag sizes, we wound up using the back seat for a case.

Edited at 03:47 PM.
Luke_ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 23, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Squaresausages
Excited about Disney

Place you picked the car up from:- MLB
Category of car hired:- Midsize SUV
Make of car you got:- GMC Acadia (Standard SUV I think), 11k miles
Hire car company used:- Alamo (NL Partners site)
Cost:- Was £622 when first booked in Jan, down to £438 (14 days hire) after rebooking 6 weeks prior to departure.

Edited at 01:29 AM.
Squaresausages is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 23, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
robrob71
Earning More Ears

Place you picked the car up from:- MCO (B side)
Category of car hired:- Full Size SUV
Make of car you got:- Ford Expedition (2022 - 12,000 miles)
Hire car company used:- Alamo (Brits)
Cost - £572 - 13 nights
Fuel Cost option - $3.29/gal - Total cost - $85.16
MPG over 1100 miles - 17.1

Picked up on morning of 25th June. Visited A and B garages before talking to staff at B. Was offered keys to two Expeditions and told to choose whichever one I wanted, and if I wanted neither, they would look for something else for me. Expedition "Limited" specification included heated/cooled seats, panoramic sunroof, radar cruise control, Bang & Olufsen stereo. Car also had Carplay/Android Auto

EDIT - typo in price of hire - changed from £472 to £572 and updated to reflect it was an Alamo Brits booking.
When I originally started looking in Dec '22, price for a full size SUV was over £1,000 for all hire companies. First actual Alamo booking was in Jan for £839, amended on 9th Mar for £684, final amend on 30th Mar for £572. Best price for me was therefore 12 weeks out. I was checking most days and that price of £572 was available for less than 24hrs.

Edited at 09:59 AM.
robrob71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
alamo, avis, avis preffered, budget, car hire, compact, dollar, full size, hertz, intermediate, midsize, mini van, sixt, standard, suv, thrifty