Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 May 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneymadgal
New Poster (2)

Mobile Solo trip to WDW

I’m sure this has been asked many times before but being new to the site, I’m not sure how to find my way around just yet.
I’m thinking about heading to WDW on my own later this year. I have nothing booked as yet as I’m not too sure where to start. As it’s not the cheapest trip from the UK and my first time travelling anywhere alone, any tips or suggestions that anyone could give me would be amazing. Any advice around the best hotels to stay in (preferably onsite as I don’t drive) and places that are nice for someone on their own to eat in would be gratefully received. Is there anyone else on here that is going or planning on going to WDW in September/October? Does anyone ever arrange to meet up from this forum whilst they are there?
Sorry for all the questions but it’s a huge thing to do - even if I am in my late 30’s! Thank you in advance for any responses.
Disneymadgal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi, Welcome to the Dibb 😊 there are lots of fantastic trip reports on here written by solo travellers. You should give them a read for some tips etc. Sorry I cant help more but I am sure lots of other lovely Dibbers will be along soon to help you out.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 03:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I’d recommend staying at one of the Port Orleans resorts as you can walk between the two and use any of their facilities, including restaurants, plus you can hop on the boat down to Disney Springs for a wander and bite to eat. The buses to the parks are great, very regular and super easy if you’re not going to drive.

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
hollysmum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi there
I went on my own in December and in January and had a whale of a time. I stayed at All star Sports and Movies and felt very safe even when I came back from Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party at midnight. I ate at Art Smiths Homecoming at the bar one lunch which was a bit out of my comfort zone but I chatted to people or watched my phone. One night I ate at the Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club which was nice. Quick service restaurants are always good as people are coming and going so it doesn’t matter if you are alone. Have a brilliant time xxx
hollysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Welcome Disneymadgal,

You’ve come to the right place for solo travelling - it’s all the rage on here ! I always thought I was the only one but no, there’s several of us who can help with different aspects.

Linda x
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I've just come back from a solo trip. I take a kindle for meals and drink times. I love going to Disney Springs of an evening so would also recommend the PO resorts or SSR.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Hi. I did my first solo trip last September - 14 nights at POFQ and it was the best holiday I've ever had. I was able to do what I wanted, when I wanted. As regards food I'm an extremely fussy eater and rather than thinking about what restaurants are good for solo visitors I looked at all the menus and booked at the ones I liked the sound of. I got chatting to a lot of people out there including the POFQ pool! The Americans thought I was brave coming all that way on my own. Some of the Brits I chatted to envied me for being on my own! I'm doing another solo trip this September - 10 nights at Beach Club. And I'm also doing another one next year - 11 nights at POFQ. I can't wait for them

Edited at 08:34 AM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

There are lots of members here who travel alone, it's a big advantage to be able to decide where to go, eat, etc without having to consult others so expect a few will be able to answer your questions.
If you look at the top if the page under the big DIBB sign there are lots of stickies with all sorts of info/help.
As it's your first time as a solo & your looking to go later this year I would advise looking at a late deal with TUI or someone similar if you dont have flying miles from Virgin or BA to use. You may be lucky but because Star Wars Galaxy Edge is opening end if August instead of next year now, there are a lot of people looking at going that weren't before this was announced so be aware of that.
Old 13 May 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

I went solo over New Years in 2017 and had a great time. Stayed onsite at POR and also did a few days onsite at Universal in RPR. I wrote a trip report which you can find in my signature "Soraia goes solo" which might help and goes through what I did each day, where I ate, my experiences etc
If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me - happy planning
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey15
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

I'm going solo in January for the first time staying at all star sports as I went there this March with OH and felt safe easy to get buses to parks etc... looking forward to it - doing my own thing.. I'm going to catch up on the solo travellers reports on here and plan a little bit...
Mickey15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List