Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
Helping Donald

Restaurant recommendations

Im after a bit of advise please.

We are stopping 3 nights and have the Premium half board, we were going to do L'Auberge de Cendrillon (2 girls, love princess's) Inventions for the characters and one of the Steakhouses.

I’ve since discovered though that on the Premium dining plan you can do the Character breakfast at Plaza Gardens so am now thinking to do that one day and not do Inventions, maybe do Chez Remy instead.

Anyone’s experience of any of these restaurants, or others that I haven’t mentioned that you would recommend would greatly appreciated.
mcoler18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Plaza is a good way to meet some characters but it is very chaotic. Inventions is a much more relaxing experience I find.

Personally, I'd do the 3 character meals then Chez Remy for your other meal. The only caveat there is Remy is imo only good value on your premium voucher if you order from the premium menu so I'd double check that is appealing before you go.

Captain Jacks is also a fun experience if the food appeals. You can order a la carte with your premium voucher.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
Helping Donald

Thanks, I will have a look
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How about Buffalo Bills Wild West Show? It’s a fantastic dinner show in the village included with premium.

Plaza Gardens and Inventions will have different characters and Inventions is much more chilled out with better food.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

We did Plaza Gardens character breakfast last week, and it was the most cursory character meets we’ve experienced in all our trips. No ‘conversation’ with the characters at all, and two of them actually walked away when DS went to hug them. They came to the table and stood behind his chair for a quick picture then waved and moved on.

If it had been just one who did that, I would have brushed it off as a character had been out too long and it was imperative they get off the floor, but each of them did it.

We arrived bang on 8:15 for the 8:15 sitting and we were in a ride queue at 8:45, so that was a little different!

I haven’t don’t the Princess lunch but meeting princesses in the park is a seriously time consuming activity, so I think that’s a wise choice for fans of royalty!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I haven’t done the breakfast, but I have read that they actually only allow 20 seconds per character interaction.

When you consider that if you queue to meet a character they take at least 5 minutes, and interact as well as posing for photos with every member of the party - well, I would be pretty miffed to actually pay money for 20 seconds with a character.

I would stick with Inventions which is much more relaxed (and has superb food).

Like the idea of Buffalo Bill’s too if you want all your meals to be ‘lively’. Although for me the other meal would be Walt’s. We have eaten there many times but not since it became Premium level.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
Helping Donald

Thanks for all the advise, think we will stick with Inventions, L'Auberge de Cendrillon and either the Steakhouse or Silver Spur
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Steakhouse is supposedly better quality, but the only time we ate there (a few years ago) our steaks were chewy and tasteless.

Silver Spur gets mixed reviews but we did the premium menu and it was very good.

Remy was the best steak I have had in DLP though.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Steakhouse is supposedly better quality, but the only time we ate there (a few years ago) our steaks were chewy and tasteless.

Silver Spur gets mixed reviews but we did the premium menu and it was very good.

Remy was the best steak I have had in DLP though.
Oh really, maybe do Remy then and just have the steak
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by mcoler18 View Post
Oh really, maybe do Remy then and just have the steak
You have to have the 3 course menu at Remy. The salad is ... eh, salad. Desserts are really good.

Not done the Premium menu there but it looks good. If you don’t want foie gras they might swap it for the salad.