Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 Jun 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy13
Helping Mickey

alamo convertible row

going on the 28th june anyone know what kind of cars in convertible rows please
wendy13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
thelegalbeagle
Proud to wear my Ears

It was Mustangs and Camaros on my last visit
thelegalbeagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gonzo1st
Serious Dibber

Hi. I'm going to be picking up a standard convertible on 13th June. So will take a few pictures of the row of choices and the car I pick will also show how many cases it fits. Regards Andrew

Travel Lodge Main Gate East 2000
Travel Lodge Main Gate East 2005
All Star Movies In Aug 2007
Gonzo1st is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jamie27good
Very Serious Dibber

That will be useful to see gonzo1st thanks

orlando 04,06,08,10,13,15,19,21
jamie27good is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

Useful for us as it’s our first time with Alamo.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
wendy13
Helping Mickey

that's great thanks very much
wendy13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
theshabster
Serious Dibber

I've had recent convertible experience having hired them twice from Alamo (Sanford) in the last 18 months.

First time (November 2017) there were a few Camaros, but mainly Mustangs.

Last time (June 2018) there wasn't a single Camaro, and all were Mustangs.

My personal opinion - I prefer the Camaro. It's a V6 as opposed to the 2.3 Ecoboost of the Mustang (At the time I drove a 2.3 Ecoboost as my daily drive at home in the UK, and the Mustang felt sluggish in comparison due to the size/weight difference). I also prefer the simplicity of the Camaro's interior, and the fabric seats are cooler than the Mustang's leather.

In terms of practicality, neither are practical as such, but you will get more in the boot of the Mustang. The Camaro's boot/trunk is pretty useless with the roof down, but I really didn't care as I just chucked the case on the back seat and grinned to the soundtrack of the engine/exhaust.

Last June we had no choice but to opt for the Mustang (no Camaros). We were grateful of the extra storage in the rear as we travelled over 2000 miles in a week, with the top down for the majority. We had one case between us which fit into the boot. Doubt we would have fit 2 in the boot with the roof down.

I've attached an image of the space available in the boot/trunk of the Camaro with the roof down, and where my suitcase ended up for the majority of my travelling between locations.

Edited at 12:30 PM.
theshabster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Abkeel
Getting to know the DIBB

Following, we go on the 17th also standard convertible.
Abkeel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
theshabster
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ll take a photo of the convertible row when we land on Wednesday (12th June). It’s usually full of Mustangs, but you never know.

We’re still undecided on what to book, but we had better get a move on as we fly in 2 days!

Either going to be a Full Size car, Premium SUV or Convertible.
theshabster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
theshabster
Serious Dibber

As promised, below are photos taken of yesterday’s Sanford convertible row (12th June 2019).

I must admit that I was rather shocked to see the line dominated by Camaros, with only a few Mustangs. It’s usually primarily Mustangs with the odd Camaro.

Last year there wasn’t a single Camaro, with a row full of Mustangs, so this year we decided to save a few £’s and opt for a full size as I didn’t fancy another Mustang. I was rather gutted to see all of those Camaros teasing me

Oh, and there was a single token Cascada for anyone feeling in the mood for a Vauxhall!

I hope this helps those of you travelling over the coming weeks/months, but please bear in mind that stock levels change hourly, so it could be all Mustangs today.

Edited at 02:57 PM.