Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Jun 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bubba31 View Post
Thanks Mick, I only ask as we are doing BA flydrive into Miami in October and wasn't sure if I could go straight to the garage. This is my first time using AVIS, normally use Alamo. I've signed up for preffered so I'll check the board to see if my name and parking space is on it, cheers.
Sorry wrongly jumped to the conclusion that you were into MCO . Hopefully someone will be along soon to ratify. Our name wasn't on a board though as I don't think it is first time - at MCO anyway.

Mick
Old 29 Jun 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

so just to clarify were doing a ba fly drive with avis car so if we join avis preferred we can just go straight to the garage like alamo also whats this name on board thing

cheers
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by pluto99 View Post
so just to clarify were doing a ba fly drive with avis car so if we join avis preferred we can just go straight to the garage like alamo also whats this name on board thing

cheers
Only have experience of MCO once but there yes straight to the garage kiosk with your paperwork but unlike Alamo your car is allocated. Not sure of the significance of having your name on a board is though. Maybe tells you where your car is. Lot's of Avis experts on here though who I'm sure can help.

Mick
Old 29 Jun 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jersey-Girl
Excited about Disney

cheers
Yes, straight to the garage if your name is not on the board you just go to the little kiosk and they will arrange a car for you. The guy we had was brilliant as the first car was slightly to small for our cases so he changed it no problem. If you get the Avis app you can also receive more info and nearer the time the car they have allocated you. You can also see if there are any other cars you would like if the first is not suitable.
Old 29 Jun 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jersey-Girl View Post
Yes, straight to the garage if your name is not on the board you just go to the little kiosk and they will arrange a car for you. The guy we had was brilliant as the first car was slightly to small for our cases so he changed it no problem. If you get the Avis app you can also receive more info and nearer the time the car they have allocated you. You can also see if there are any other cars you would like if the first is not suitable.
thanks but thought i read the app you need is the american one so not sure if we could use that
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
thanks but thought i read the app you need is the american one so not sure if we could use that
That’s a pity.
Has anyone successfully used the UK app?

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dave+Hel
slightly serious Dibber

Dave+Hel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bubba31 View Post
Can you go straight to the garage if it's your first time using AVIS but have signed up for Preferred. I'm sure I read if it's your first time you still need to go to the desk.
From what I've read you can go straight to the preferred desk in the garage . If its your second time or more then your name will be on a board and you go straight to the car
Dave+Hel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Could anyone post a pic of the app? I'm struggling to find it! Thank you
Old 1 Jul 19, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Could anyone post a pic of the app? I'm struggling to find it! Thank you
You just need to search on Avis Preferred on Android or IOS
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Florida-Sarah View Post
That’s a pity.
Has anyone successfully used the UK app?
I have both apps on my phone, both show my booking. The UK is showing a Ford Taurus and the US app a Chevy Impala. I know they are just examples but it's the Chevy I want. This is my first time with Avis after years of Alamo. I joined preferred so hoping I can see my allocated car on the US app as I arrive at MCO and hopefully change the car if it's not my preferred one.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List