Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Jun 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by The 2 Minnies View Post
Never heard of this.
So, when you pick your car up do you tell the rental agent you don’t want their sunpass thing activated ?
Most of the companies such as Alamo, Avis and Hertz you don't do anything. There is no SunPass device, its all done by SunPass cameras that capture the rear plate and the company gets billed and they bill you.

With Dollar you have to accept or decline their toll package so you would decline.

So if with Alamo instead of saying nothing and driving off into the sunset (or rain!) you get the hangar from the SunPass desk instead and Alamo never gets a bill at all.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Most of the companies such as Alamo, Avis and Hertz you don't do anything. There is no SunPass device, its all done by SunPass cameras that capture the rear plate and the company gets billed and they bill you.

With Dollar you have to accept or decline their toll package so you would decline.

So if with Alamo instead of saying nothing and driving off into the sunset (or rain!) you get the hangar from the SunPass desk instead and Alamo never gets a bill at all.
Ahh I see, hopefully it will still be on when we go in Sept. Wish I had known about it in May
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by The 2 Minnies View Post
Ahh I see, hopefully it will still be on when we go in Sept. Wish I had known about it in May
Fingers crossed for you. I have got it down to a fine art now. 2 tolls the entire holiday . Up the Beachline on the first day and back down on the last. Job done!

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

You pre register and on arrival go to the little desk.Thats when your booking is checked and the pass handed over to you.

One would assume you could register at the desk as well but that will take a while. Best to do it before you fly.
Fab info Tom, thanks
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Burt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Do you have to pick your car up first or does the technology just know which car you are in? We are driving to Naples, key west, Miami and back up to Orlando so I’m guessing this is a no brainer for us?
Burt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

I found this -

With Visitor Toll Pass™, you save as much as 80% compared with rental car toll programs, plus an additional 23% on tolls by paying the electronic toll rate. Visitors will also be eligible for exclusive toll discounts on CFX-owned expressways.
Thanks Tom.
I wonder if ‘the electronic toll rate’ is the same as the toll by plate rate🤔
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Thanks Tom.
I wonder if ‘the electronic toll rate’ is the same as the toll by plate rate🤔
I'm not sure but I suspect this trial system is giving the same discount as those who have bought the SunPass transponder which in the main are Floridian residents.

Old 23 Jun 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Those of you interested in this might want to read scottishnellies live trip report , they have this and it’s mentioned in her travel day report and there’s pictures too... I’m not touting for her to get extra readers honest lol just saw this post on forum spy and as I’m following helens live trippie thought it might be relevant to some of you
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

I signed up but haven’t received my confirmation email or any account details. I did make a note of the confirmation number though so I’m hoping that will be enough when we get there without having to put all info in again.
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
plantyroo
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Djcraigod View Post
I signed up but haven’t received my confirmation email or any account details. I did make a note of the confirmation number though so I’m hoping that will be enough when we get there without having to put all info in again.
I was the same, dropped them a quick email asking for confirmation that they’d received the reservation.

They have replied this morning saying everything has been received and it’s remade to go...👍
plantyroo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List