Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Jun 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Autoeurope newsletter subscribers.

Had my regular autoeurope email in my inbox today. Usually try the link in the email for a quite but haven't had anything to beat my price from Alamo Brits so far.

A 35% off offer in the inbox today so clicked the link. 35% off is a bit misleading but it was £20 cheaper for my Std SUV booking with Alamo Brits was and was also nearly £30 cheaper than the Int SUV booking we had made before upgrading to a Std a few weeks back (all prices/booking with Alamo) also; all prices are around £10-£15 cheaper than with Andy Discount hire.

I was going to cancel with Alamo and re-book with Alamo via Autoeurope but thought I would check out the Large SUV as I've been looking at the Ford Expedition...

Prices (all with Alamo cars) Full Size SUV (Ford Expedition or similar)

Alamo Brits £7000+ (a few vehicles are in the thousands for my dates, I don't know why! )
Andy; £489
AUto Europe: £475

So it's worth a look! I've cancelled my Std Suv @ £425 with Brits and paid the extra £50 for a nice little upgrade. Will be doing lots of driving (east and west coast hotels) and pick up @MCO drop off at Miami so may as well be nice and comfy with lots of room (4 of us)

Edit to add. I've used Autoeurpoe on our last trip in 2017 and you can do the online check in etc with these guys so can just go straight to the garage.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report

Edited at 01:50 PM.
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
A 35% off offer in the inbox today so clicked the link. 35% off is a bit misleading but .
Sorry, disagree! It is not a '35% off' offer. The email subject says 'Up to 35% off' and the large graphic at the top of the message also says 'Save up to 35%' on the yellow background. The words 'up to' are in the same size font as '35' - they have made no attempt to hide them. It is your statement that it is a '35% off' offer that is misleading.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I think I understood what the OP was saying. However you write it down it looks a good offer.
Thanks to the OP for pointing out a possible saving
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I booked through one of their offer emails a few weeks ago and got an intermediate SUV with Alamo for £315 for 12 days picking up at the Car Care centre. Haven’t seen a better price on any other site I’ve checked since then.
We’ve also used them before.
Was going to post about the email but the OP got there before me.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Auto Europe are fine, one of the sites I always check. Yes their E Mails are a tad misleading but aren't they all sadly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ManCity View Post
Sorry, disagree! It is not a '35% off' offer. The email subject says 'Up to 35% off' and the large graphic at the top of the message also says 'Save up to 35%' on the yellow background. The words 'up to' are in the same size font as '35' - they have made no attempt to hide them. It is your statement that it is a '35% off' offer that is misleading.

I think you’ve completely missed the thrust of the message and instead become fixated in the minutiae. To sum up: It’s a good offer, savings to be had. Doubt anyone will get the full 35% tho.

I mean, technically I saved 93% over the price Alamo Brits were offering for a full size SUV 😜😂 but there we go.

Well worth a check for folks.

Edit: also I emailed the quote to myself while I thought it over. Little over an hour later I clicked on the quote and it jumped up by £60 on the original quote. I messed with the time to pick up the car half and hour later from 3:30 to 4pm and it dropped back down to the original price. Which was odd 🤷
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report

Edited at 05:21 PM.
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
I think you’ve completely missed the thrust of the message and instead become fixated in the minutiae. To sum up: It’s a good offer, savings to be had. Doubt anyone will get the full 35% tho.

I mean, technically I saved 93% over the price Alamo Brits were offering for a full size SUV 😜😂 but there we go.

Well worth a check for folks.

Edit: also I emailed the quote to myself while I thought it over. Little over an hour later I clicked on the quote and it jumped up by £60 on the original quote. I messed with the time to pick up the car half and hour later from 3:30 to 4pm and it dropped back down to the original price. Which was odd 🤷
I think for £50 you have nabbed a bargain. Well done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

New newsletter has an (up to ) 40% offer though for me it's more expensive than last week's deal but perhaps for other dates it's better. Worth a check and worth subscribing.
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We always tend to end up booking via AutoEurope. They always come out the cheapest for Minivans.

The car hire companies always think it is funny that two of us need a minivan but as villa owners we always need space for those visits to Lowes

Melvin and Lesley
Old 27 Jun 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cricket50
Proud to wear my Ears

Just to give you an idea on possible savings, nothing to do with Orlando. I have just hired a Luxury/Cabrio saloon type through Dollar from AutoEurope for late August from San Francisco for two weeks. The cost being £361.00. In my opinion not a bad price. Maybe there are some offers for Orlando certainly worth a try.
cricket50 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List