Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Jun 19, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Treehouse villas at Saratoga springs resort

Saratoga is my home resort which I love & have stayed in studio, 1 & 2 bedroom villas over the years
We are in the process of planning a future trip with my brother, sister in law & nephew,and are considering staying in the treehouse villas as bedroom layout may be better than a 2 bedroom so all groups can have own sleeping areas
Possible grouping would be
Me
Brother SIL and nephew
Son & Partner ( happy to use bunks if needed)
Daughter & Partner

We've already decided that each group would have own itinerary & meet up for certain activities rather than everyone having to do every thing

Has anyone stayed there and what do you think of the set up?

Edited at 12:13 AM.
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed in a treehouse a few years ago (2013) and loved it. I did a trip report (linked in signature), but you do need a car as the buses are a pain.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don't think there would be enough room as the 3rd bedroom is bunk beds

we thought about it couple of times for when my son an family come but we always just get them there own space

I always feel it more about the room layouts rather than beds if that makes sense

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
I don't think there would be enough room as the 3rd bedroom is bunk beds

we thought about it couple of times for when my son an family come but we always just get them there own space

I always feel it more about the room layouts rather than beds if that makes sense
Thanks for the comments
Trip won’t be until 2021 so a lot may change before then
I was also looking at 2 bedroom lock off but the 2 bedrooms meant different families sharing rooms which wasn’t ideal
Daughter & partner may or may not be coming
Probably wouldn’t have a car which is another concern re buses
Is it a shuttle bus from Saratoga or its own service?
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For buses, you have to catch a shuttle (or walk) over to Saratoga and then get the bus from there.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We spent a couple of weeks in the THVs in 2016 and absolutely loved them, they're like marmite though, they're very quiet and isolated which was perfect for us, but what puts people off them.

I'm not sure I'd want to squeeze that many people into them to be honest, one thing to bear in mind also is that the bunk beds aren't that long, DS was 13 at the time and already getting too tall for them, he's 5'11" tall now and I wouldn't ask him to stay in them again.

I do also think a car is a must for them, we did get the bus from SSR once to a park, didn't do it again, it took such a long time.

If they do end up working for you though, then I can't rave about them enough, we're back next year with another family and I wouldn't consider putting us all into one though I'm afraid.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi thanks for the replies
I have 250 points a year so would be looking at banking 2020 using 2021 and borrowing the majority of 2022 for this holiday as villa is 366 per week on 2020 current points chart( which I’m aware may change)
I haven’t enough points for a 3 bedroom villa
I love a 2 bedroom but unfortunately that won’t work with the different family groups going
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
Hi thanks for the replies
I have 250 points a year so would be looking at banking 2020 using 2021 and borrowing the majority of 2022 for this holiday as villa is 366 per week on 2020 current points chart( which I’m aware may change)
I haven’t enough points for a 3 bedroom villa
I love a 2 bedroom but unfortunately that won’t work with the different family groups going
We have stayed in a GV and to be honest albeit they are lovely you would get more for your points and the same beds plus privacy booking individual accommodation

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
zavandor
Earning More Ears

Mobile

It seems I cannot post links. Disney Tourist Blog published a great review of the THV, google "Disney Tourist Blog Tree House Villas Review" and it's the first result.
zavandor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Loads of walkthroughs on Youtube- Even Tim Tracker did one once.