Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Mar 08, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Cirque de Soleil

Hi All

Has anyone seen the Cirque de Soleil in Orlando? It adds up to quite a lot of money for a family of four (all over the age 10!), is it worth it? Also is it cheaper to get the tickets before you go or get them from the box office in Downtown Disney?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 08, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Its FANTASTIC. We all loved it. We booked our tickets before we went but my friend has been a few times now to see it and just books hers from the box office at Downtown Disney when she gets there.
Old 11 Mar 08, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
wayneg
Imagineer

Most (if not all) replies will say its great, fantastic etc. I am one of the few people who didn't enjoy it. Seen this show and 'O' in Vegas, didn't enjoy either.
I love theatre, was there on Saturday to see Dr Dolittle, go every month or so. But Cirque's don't do it for me.
I am almost sure you will enjoy it, almost everyone does but I am in the minority with this one.
Old 11 Mar 08, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I'm one of the very few who was left underwhelmed by Cirque - loved the skill and some of the artistes but was left completely unimpressed by a lot of the arty 'posing'.

I know many will be along who love it and reckon it's worth every penny. I am going again in September with different people so perhaps may get a different perspective.

For the record there are no bad seats for this show and in some ways, the most expensive front seats have a more limited view in my opinion (TOO close?).

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 08, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jcholidays
Apprentice Imagineer

It's brilliant, we have been 3 or 4 times and might even go again.

With the Blue Man group around now you might be able to pick up some deals. And yes I do think the Cirue beats the Blue Man Group.

Go for it.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=32

Have a look at our full screen 360 Virtual Tour
http://www.jcholidays.co.uk/360Tour/index.html
Have a look at our picture movie...http://www.360mediastudio.com/pictur...ays_villa.html
jcholidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 08, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
wayneg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jcholidays View Post
With the Blue Man group around now you might be able to pick up some deals. And yes I do think the Cirue beats the Blue Man Group.
While I didn't enjoy Cirque, BMG is one of the funniest shows I have seen. That show is brilliant IMHO. Will be back to see that again
Old 11 Mar 08, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydiakate
Imagineer

Lydiakate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We loved this show and will book to see it again this year.
Old 12 Mar 08, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
While I didn't enjoy Cirque, BMG is one of the funniest shows I have seen. That show is brilliant IMHO. Will be back to see that again
do they not do strange things to you in BMG. fancied going until I read they do something to the audience I would flip.

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 08, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

We watched the blue man group in Boston and they were fantastic. I think some of the tricks with the audience was pre-taped.
Old 12 Mar 08, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
wayneg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ali and boyz View Post
do they not do strange things to you in BMG. fancied going until I read they do something to the audience I would flip.
They pick about 3 people to do different things thru the show, nothing bad, theres about 1,000 people, chances of it being you are minimal.
Originally Posted by mozzchops View Post
We watched the blue man group in Boston and they were fantastic. I think some of the tricks with the audience was pre-taped.
Yes part of the show I believe all they did was take a member of the audience backstage with a camera following but along the way switched to a recording. That 10 minutes was probably the only part I was diappointed with.