Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Mar 15, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Knottsberry Farm or Six Flags?

Off to California in August and doing Disney and Universal, but are wondering about doing another park too.

We are a family of 4 (daughters aged 11 and 14) who love thrill rides.

What are Knottsberry and Six Flags like and which would be more suited and best value for money?

Thanks in advance.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 15, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

We have just got back from doing Knotts Berry Farm and we love it.

Having done both Six Flags and Knotts I can say they are both very good parks and you will love both.

Knotts is 5 miles (ish) from Disney and can be tied in with your visit to Disney where as Six Flags is in Valencia and would mean an hours + drive from Disney or an over night stay.

There is (or was in 2011) a lovely Holiday Inn right across the road from Six Flags with a lovely shopping centre behind so worth an overnight stay IMO.

Six Flags probably has more big coaster type rides than Knotts but we found Six Flags a lot busier than Knotts. Knotts was a walk on to every ride where as Six Flags was 45 minutes plus wait for most rides.
Old 23 Mar 15, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

I totally agree with Mackem. Both parks are brilliant. Six Flags would have more thrill rides than Knotts Berry Farm, but queues are longer. We found that Six Flags patrons are mainly annual pass holders not tourists, whereas Knotts Berry Farm was the opposite, most guests are tourists.

I can't comment on the value for money, as its 6 years since we were there. I'm going to use a Los Angeles Go card this time for my entry into both parks.

If you have the time I would try and do both.
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 15, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Six Flags for thrill rides, but you need a whole day, we went by coach and got back to the hotel mid evening. Knottsberry was good,we took a taxi from Disneyland, it's about 15 mins away, more themeing than Six Flags and a couple of good coasters, but we would have been disappointed if we'd missed Six Flags.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 15, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Knotts Berry Farm is more of a real "theme park" and feels more Disney-like in atmosphere...Six Flags is less themed, just basically a concrete slab with a bunch of thrill rides on it. LOL Not sure how to explain it better than that. It's all about the coasters at Six Flags, while Knotts tries to be more of a family park and offers more of a variety of things to appeal to different ages. They do have some thrill rides, a few big coasters, plus some carnival type rides but they also have a Old West Ghost town, a train, stagecoach ride, and a log flume ride (that I love!)...while Six Flags is geared mainly for the coaster enthusiasts. As others have mentioned, lines tend to get longer at Six Flags and Knotts usually doesn't get as crowded .

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 15, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread