Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Mar 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Gosh lots of stories here,

I think I I might go with the hospital referral rather than the private dentist, then there will be the option of sedation or general anaesthetic as if I go private there is only the sedation option

I can only take their advice on which is the better option for me I guess

Might be a long wait though 😂
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
arielred
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I had all four out at the local hospital. Two were impacted. I was out of hospital the same day, in fact they brought me round, gave me a jelly and told me my husband was on the way to collect me! I had no problems afterwards just ate soft foods for the next day.

Westridge May 2006,Woodridge April 2008,
Cane Island June 2009,Club Cortile Xmas 2010
DLRP Sequoia Lodge July 2013, Bahama Bay October 2014, Regal Oaks August 2017!
arielred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
lulu bear
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I had to have all of mine removed when I was 16 as part of on going orthodontic work following a bike accident when I was 10. They obviously hadn't come through yet so they had to cut through the gums to get them out. It was done under general at the hospital and I was an inpatient for 2 nights. I then looked like a hamster for a week or so. I still remember the bruising around my jawline but don't really remember how painful it was.
DLP Sept 2013=Hotel Cheyenne
DLP March/April 2015=Hotel Cheyenne
lulu bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I had all 4 out in hospital under general anaesthetic as they were impacted. They managed to leave a fragment of 1 in though and I suffered a bit before I went back to the dentist
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

My dentist pulled all 4 of mine out over 30 years ago, it was fine, just the injection in the gums. I always find if I close my eyes and can't see them I don't panic and although not totally relaxed I can deal with it. I had a big back tooth out last year, popped out in my lunch break and went back to work after, just felt a little shaky, but all good next day.

Edited at 08:03 PM.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumindevon
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Had all 4 out under general in hospital. Was fine, not much pain after. Didn't realise how much they had been hurting me till they were gone! Had to immediately stop feeding baby dd2 as was given some sort of steroid whilst asleep. So that was bit of a challenge!
Mumindevon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had 2 out at my dentist with local. Both were easy and didn't hurt. Had slight bruising and aches for a few days after though.
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Love that you've asked. I've been having bleeding but the tooth hasn't came up at all ! A visit to the dentist who said he'd refer me to dental clinic in Glasgow. Went there and after X-rays the said there's no way or could be taken out there under sedation as it was too big a surgery and way too deep in my jaw near nerves. I'm currently awaiting on word to go to hospital for a general to have it done . I'm really scared as I've had three generals and fainted twice after due to weakness and sickness. Even anti sickness jags don't work
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Have general. I had mine out about 30 years ago under local, I won't give details but the top 2 came out fine, they only took 1 bottom one out, I still have it.

The annoying thing was I'd never had any problems they just took them out because my teeth were crooked at the front and the dentist suggested making more space might help - well it didn't and about 6 years ago I had a brace fitted to correct my teeth so it was money and messing for nothing.

My DD is getting pain with her wisdom teeth so she might have to consider this at some point which is going to be a mega worry as she is diabetic and it wAs a nightmare a couple of years ago when she had to have an undecended tooth removed under general.
Ellelledee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi had my two uppers out at the dentist with the normal local anaesthetic. They were straightforward and it was due to potential spacing issues.

I work in a surgical day unit where we have people in regularly to have these removed under GA. if I can answer any questions just message me xx
Howard Johnston I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale 81 as a kid , many European trips with parents, NYC & Vegas Honeymoon 00, Venetian Bay, Kissimmee April 2008, West Stonebridge, Aug 09, Florida Pines 2013, Santa Fe DLP 2014, Clarrion Inn, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdon Villas and Grand Plaza St Petes 2015, Centre Parcs and Iceland 2016, Highgate Park May 2017, Rosen Inn Point 2018, DLP NPB 2021, DLP day trip 2022, DLP Sept 2022.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List