Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 May 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Anything and all inclusive. Anything booked via a tour operator. I prefer to be in charge of my own destiny and holidays.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

An all inclusive holiday is my kind of hell. Couldn’t think of anything more tedious and Boring than being in the holiday resort compound (or jail!)
We went to Spain and Italy AI when we were younger, before kids and I was bored stiff within an hour. I have friends who go to Spain/Egypt/Portugal every year. You wouldn’t know tbh as all their photos look the same each year and location lol sat by the pool. Trip to the beach and back to the pool, not for me at all.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Lying on a beach for two weeks! no thanks
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Camping or caravanning - way too basic for me. I like my luxuries.
Skiing - cold, wet and dangerous. I hate the snow and I'm clumsy so would definitely be the one falling over and breaking something.
Cruises - dear god no! The thought of being stuck in the middle of the ocean on a boat fills me with cold fear... Ive seen Titanic too many times! I suffer horribly from sea sickness too so would be ill the whole time.
Butlins/Pontins - nope, nope, nope. Definitely not my cup of tea.
Egypt/Turkey etc - wouldn't feel safe and too many lecherous men.
Thailand - My sister and her (pervy) partner go a lot and come back with tales of how the women faun all over him. Makes my stomach turn so although I am probably writing off a whole nation due to her comments its not somewhere I would ever visit.
Maldives - I would be bored stupid after a day.
Oh my goodness Mary I could have written this, every single word! I’ve been to Maldives and was bored stupid
Only difference is my sister is no longer married to her pig 🐷
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Camping or caravanning - way too basic for me. I like my luxuries.
Skiing - cold, wet and dangerous. I hate the snow and I'm clumsy so would definitely be the one falling over and breaking something.
Cruises - dear god no! The thought of being stuck in the middle of the ocean on a boat fills me with cold fear... Ive seen Titanic too many times! I suffer horribly from sea sickness too so would be ill the whole time.
Butlins/Pontins - nope, nope, nope. Definitely not my cup of tea.
Thailand - My sister and her (pervy) partner go a lot and come back with tales of how the women faun all over him. Makes my stomach turn so although I am probably writing off a whole nation due to her comments its not somewhere I would ever visit.
Maldives - I would be bored stupid after a day.
Thailand is stunning, everything there is beautiful, the people, the beaches and the food, I would assume it's the area they're choosing so that he does get fawned all over!

I thought we'd be bored in The Maldives, the first time we went we booked for 10 days and I took loads of books, barely opened one, it's such a stunningly beautiful place and the ocean life is incredible, we're either in, on top of or next to the ocean the entire time - off for our 3rd visit this summer, can't wait.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I have travelled to Egypt and Turkey and have never experienced harassment from men in these countries. On the other hand, when I went to Italy (Rome city break), on my own, I could not get rid of men. I was asked out for dinner four times within the first thirty minutes of leaving my hotel. It was relentless.

I did a four month “back packing” type trip around Asia when I was in my early thirties. Met lots of other travellers along the way and all the men reported being harassed by the local women, not just in Thailand, in all parts of SE Asia. I met my now husband on this trip who reported the same, one night the two of us were out together and he was propositioned by a female bar tender that had been serving us for two hours when I popped to the loo!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
A lot of people would classify the US that way

Any "all inclusive" resort that lists unlimited booze as a primary selling point to the British market.
Well I guess anywhere could be classed as this and US being as large as it is will have a wide variety of laws but I was meaning places in the middle east where there have been stories of jailing people for brushing past another person or drinking etc. I aren't a risk taker and I have heard these places can be wonderful to visit.
You can't feel safe anywhere with terrorism and gang culture.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Worked at Butlins a good few years ago started at Minehead then Skegness for what it is it’s a ideal holiday for the Yong and young at hart
It's the skegvegas one we are going too, I'm sure we will have a fun time, this holidays all about the kids 😊
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Everyone needs to go to Butlins once, lots of people don’t like the sea but I love it, I could stare at it for hours, it doesn’t mean we sit on the beach all day. I love a restaurant at night with a view of the coastline when it’s warm out. I don’t do all inclusive because we like going to different places every night but I have done in the past. It was along time ago in St Lucia when we got married it was nice but we got bored of the food after a week and we were there for three weeks. I could never go on a coach trip with strangers either my idea of hell.
I love sitting by the sea but hate lying on a beach, luckily my girls have never been beach fans, they like a paddle or splash in sea rather than lying or playing in sand. I couldn't do a coach trip holiday... But if Brendan from coach trip was doing the host with the most I think I could be converted, he'd have me howling 😉😉
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
An all inclusive holiday is my kind of hell. Couldn’t think of anything more tedious and Boring than being in the holiday resort compound (or jail!)
Every AI holiday I've been on I have been able to leave the resort and I have visited lots of places nearby and eaten at other restaurants. It's not like you're locked in! It's just like staying at a normal hotel but your food and drink at the hotel has already been paid for, that's all. A bit like having DDP when visiting Disney.

We're going on an AI holiday to Cyprus next week. It didn't cost much to add AI. It gives us the option to either eat/drink in the hotel and not worry about the cost or to go out and eat in local restaurants. I suspect we will be out during the day visiting various places and will probably have lunch at local cafes/restaurants.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List