Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 May 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Thanks for your report Mr Tom, always look forward them them. We are at AKL this time as DH's choice, mine would have been back to CSR again as I loved it there. We too have evolved what we do each time & like to go for rope drop & back to hotel by 11am the back out around 6pm which used to see us alone in the quiet pools but it seems more & more people do the same now. Having watched Tim Trackers report on the Waldorf Astoria should we return it will be to there next time, the food alone looks amazing We booked WDW this year instead if next in order to avoid SWGE but he ho cest la vie.
No matter how manic, how expensive, how poor the food/service gets people will still go as each generation moves on & those that remember when it really was the Happiest Place on Earth stop going & to the younger generation this is the time they remember as being the Happiest Place on Earth so it will always be a win win situation for Disney.
Old 29 May 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Thanks for your report Mr Tom, always look forward them them. We are at AKL this time as DH's choice, mine would have been back to CSR again as I loved it there. We too have evolved what we do each time & like to go for rope drop & back to hotel by 11am the back out around 6pm which used to see us alone in the quiet pools but it seems more & more people do the same now. Having watched Tim Trackers report on the Waldorf Astoria should we return it will be to there next time, the food alone looks amazing We booked WDW this year instead if next in order to avoid SWGE but he ho cest la vie.
No matter how manic, how expensive, how poor the food/service gets people will still go as each generation moves on & those that remember when it really was the Happiest Place on Earth stop going & to the younger generation this is the time they remember as being the Happiest Place on Earth so it will always be a win win situation for Disney.
I digress and sorry Tom...

For those that have not seen TT at the Waldorf Astoria, i was completely blown away by the view from their suite. ( the fireworks)

If you have not seen this on utube, it is worth looking at for this alone.

Disney332
Old 29 May 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I could not agree with you more about food quality and service. It has been declining for years whilst the prices have become insane. We’ve been taking the kids so eating on site for 18 years (off site pre kids where we used to marvel at how cheap restaurants were! ). Some restaurants haven’t even changed their menus really all that time. That’s TS meals. I would say that this last 2 years I do think they have massively upped their game at a lot of CS places and snack carts for both range of choices and quality. The veggie options are also getting better every couple of months at the moment. My husband is a DPP devotee so we often have it for free when offered. However alone Is probably savoury snack around the world now happily for about $30 a day and no tips. I also agree about the gondolas. Eyesore. I’m claustrophobic though so don’t like the idea of them more generally. I can’t believe they don’t have air conditioning 🙄
Very true words about Counter Service meals. Even more so out of the Parks.
We did an 8 night stay in Pop in March 18 and ate at the quick service place twice.
The food was excellent and very well priced.
Of course the big win for us was the 20% discount with the TIW card making it very very reasonable in price.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Thank you Mr Morrow, very pleased to hear you like Coronado Springs, I keep looking at it for Christmas, as DH and DS like a gym, and its the only moderate with one.
Great trip report we will be eating differently as well at Christmas with no free dining to ease the pain of the onsite bill.
Old 29 May 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Spot on ref generations stopping visiting and new visitors coming along.

I don't view the past through rose coloured spectacles and a lot of the new rides and changes can only be described as awesome. What is driving nails into me though is the fact that the Parks are far too crowded and technological solutions such as MDE aren't working as they should.

Finally I assume there is a contest ongoing which I haven't entered yet. Who can be the person rocking up to the security line with the most rucksacks and each one having over 100 zips.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Thank you for such thorough information.

We were there from 29 April - 20 May. We found the Disney parks horrendously busy too which is strange as I read a trip report of someone who was there the same time who said the Disney parks were quiet?!

The last time we did Disney was three years ago. It has changed so much and in all honesty has put us off. We cannot go when it is that busy again (and this was supposed to be a quiet time..?)
Old 29 May 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I agree with what you have said. I think for people who take advantage of the free DDP then it works out good value and a special experience. Otherwise although still enjoyable it isn't quite the same. I don't think I would return if there as no dining plan as I couldn't afford to eat lol.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I agree with what you have said. I think for people who take advantage of the free DDP then it works out good value and a special experience. Otherwise although still enjoyable it isn't quite the same. I don't think I would return if there as no dining plan as I couldn't afford to eat lol.
The free DDP is an awesome deal. We have the Granddaughter with us for 2 out of our 4 week trip in August so will eat onsite a bit. The remaining weeks will be mostly offsite.

Now I know all places in the World bump up drink prices but to pay $22 + tax for 2 glasses of average wine that costs $12 a bottle in Publix irks me. Hey ho that's our fault for drinking.

Old 29 May 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Brilliant trip report, thankyou, be our first time at SSR after many happy years at the Boardwalk. Don’t know how we will handle it tbh not being able to walk into Epcot and Hollywood studios and having to rely on the buses more to get there. On the plus side the golf course is really close.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The free DDP is an awesome deal. We have the Granddaughter with us for 2 out of our 4 week trip in August so will eat onsite a bit. The remaining weeks will be mostly offsite.

Now I know all places in the World bump up drink prices but to pay $22 + tax for 2 glasses of average wine that costs $12 a bottle in Publix irks me. Hey ho that's our fault for drinking.
Unfortunately it's not just wine...I am sure the basics went up massively within 1 year. The QSDP meant I didn't have to say no constantly which was nice and made the holiday much easier. I think you are right about the money making machine that is Disney. It is making it out of reach for an average family.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List