Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Jun 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
We had a cheap disposable cooler box we got at Dollar Tree and stored our last day Ghirardelli purchases in that.

I think I read that one snack credit is equal to approx $6.00 in Ghirardellis.

I'm have the Mom's Panel response stored on my phone and will show it at the front desk if needs be
I spend some time on American forums and apparently the Moms Panel often get things wrong ...
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

at easter we traded QS for 3 snacks & also 1 left over TS for a QS. There are more easily packable snack options such as the chip & dale trail mixes that i developed an addiction to & you can also use them for milk & juice ,yogurts & fruit packs etc for room breakfasts.

Edited at 02:36 PM. Reason: addition
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ruddian
Excited about Disney

Hello

Last year we had 21 quick service meals left. We changed the whole lot into snacks! We just gave them out in the hotel and left the rest for the maid but you can definitely do it.
ruddian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I spend some time on American forums and apparently the Moms Panel often get things wrong ...
When I stayed there they did it, so it can be done.
I go on the amercian ones as well and I feel that the guys on the American forums think they know everything
so I wouldn't take there word for it either
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fleurbie View Post
When I stayed there they did it, so it can be done.
I go on the amercian ones as well and I feel that the guys on the American forums think they know everything
so I wouldn't take there word for it either
I do think it's it depends on the knowledge of the CM as you're the only person ive come across who's reported they've been able to do it successfully. Others who have asked have been told it's not possible. Obviously, I'm only going by what people who've actually reported back have said

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

We've only tried to do this twice, and were in fact refused on one occasion - we were trying to get three snacks for a QS credit but the CM said that particular till would not allow her to do that. After that we made an 'effort' to use our credits throughout our visit (it wasn't a hardship) to avoid being left with too many credits at the end.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ruddian
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
We've only tried to do this twice, and were in fact refused on one occasion - we were trying to get three snacks for a QS credit but the CM said that particular till would not allow her to do that. After that we made an 'effort' to use our credits throughout our visit (it wasn't a hardship) to avoid being left with too many credits at the end.
I think that maybe thats the whole point here. Some "tills" can some cant. We have never had a problem doing it. And we have never been refused. We have done it in AKL, Beach club, Ghirardelli and The Sweet Cauldren several times.
ruddian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
There’s a post in the Disney Moms Panel that says you can convert a QS credit to 3 snack credits at the front desk at your resort.

I can’t post a pic but if you search for “Can I trade a quick service meal on the dining plan for snacks” it will come up. I have it saved on my phone just in case I need it next year.
I was told at CBR that it wasn't possible...I also tried at Guest services MK and also told the same. I guess it is just luck as to whether they will but both looked at me like I was talking nonsense lol

Edited at 06:37 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I do think it's it depends on the knowledge of the CM as you're the only person ive come across who's reported they've been able to do it successfully. Others who have asked have been told it's not possible. Obviously, I'm only going by what people who've actually reported back have said
I didn't ask the CM in the OKW shop, saw that we had a a few meals we wouldn't use as we were going home i think the next day and offered to change them up for later on the first time we stayed there😆
We went back a couple of years later and we asked that time as we had a few left and friends that were also stayjng asked in the shop and they did it no problem
At the end of the day its no big deal as all the shops convert them to 3 snacks at the time, but its handy when there's only 2 of us around f and w festival for example.
We do struggle to use all our credits so it's a nice option if available
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fleurbie View Post
I would like to do this, but we don’t have a car and I worry that it will melt in the heat? How do you keep it cool? 😆
My plan is to go after the park in the evening and just hope for the best. I have one of those cheap cooler bags from poundland (around the size of a lunch box) and I'm going to take that with me too but the plan is to get it just before I go back to the room and then it will be packed in the case. Hopefully there wont be any issues. I too don't have a car with me so might purchase another cool bag now you've mentioned this just in case