Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Again, amazing price. Is that for 4 people? Could you let me know where you booked please, we’re looking for somewhere maybe for Christmas time
Remember when looking at that price that Christmas time falls in peak season for the Canaries, whereas August isn't.
Loftus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Again, amazing price. Is that for 4 people? Could you let me know where you booked please, we’re looking for somewhere maybe for Christmas time
We originally wanted to go for New Year but whilst the villas were not too bad the flights were expensive. We are 3 adults and a teen. The flights are from Glasgow so we will have a 3/4 hour drive from Lancashire but the flights were just short of £600 with TUI for all of us which was less than half the same dates from Manchester. The villa was from Villaplus and this was £700 and the car £100 from Autoreisen. We will also have Travelodges to pay for either side of the holiday.

Edited at 09:28 AM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

It's a cheaper holiday for my wife as I make her travel cattle class, but more expensive for me because I have to travel club.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Our Cyprus break is for one week. It would cost an extra £860 for two weeks.

We booked flights direct with Jet2 at just £240 each ( compared to £900 for Orlando) and booked the villa with VillaPlus
Thank you . Although £900 is expensive for flights to Orlando...

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
Remember when looking at that price that Christmas time falls in peak season for the Canaries, whereas August isn't.
Thanks, I didn’t know that

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We originally wanted to go for New Year but whilst the villas were not too bad the flights were expensive. We are 3 adults and a teen. The flights are from Glasgow so we will have a 3/4 hour drive from Lancashire but the flights were just short of £600 with TUI for all of us which was less than half the same dates from Manchester. The villa was from Villaplus and this was £700 and the car £100 from Autoreisen. We will also have Travelodges to pay for either side of the holiday.
Wow, seriously amazing prices. Thanks for letting me know
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
It's a cheaper holiday for my wife as I make her travel cattle class, but more expensive for me because I have to travel club.
I'm sure your wife is happy with that arrangement 🤣
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you . Although £900 is expensive for flights to Orlando
Not from Manchester direct at end of July😀
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Stick with the ones who do get it. ❤️
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Not from Manchester direct at end of July😀
Okay, so that’s not something you will compromise on, but Heathrow via JFK, direct home for £355 is a compromise I’m willing to make . I could no doubt get an Orlando villa for £1400 for two weeks, so that would make my Florida holiday cheaper than a fortnight in Cyprus. Not gloating, or any of those negative things, just confirming that it is possible sometimes that Florida is cheaper than Europe.
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven’t told anyone apart from really close friends we are going back to Florida as they do assume it is really expensive . There is one person in particular at work who keeps asking and I feel awful but I say I haven’t booked anywhere yet as I know she will judge .I originally wanted a week in Greece ( I work term time)there are six of us and we wanted a villa and it was coming in at around £2500-3000 for a week just for villa. Flights were around £350 mark each . I looked at Florida as youngest asked and villa for ten days £1170 flights I got as part of flydrive for around £580 each so total price around the same . I couldn’t spend ten days in Orlando with no parks so consequently have spent just over £2000 on tickets . My son is happy to be going back - me not so much as the weather isn’t guaranteed and my hearts not in it like it used to be . I am definitely going to try and book early for Europe next year and an already looking forward to it.
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Okay, so that’s not something you will compromise on, but Heathrow via JFK, direct home for £355 is a compromise I’m willing to make . I could no doubt get an Orlando villa for £1400 for two weeks, so that would make my Florida holiday cheaper than a fortnight in Cyprus. Not gloating, or any of those negative things, just confirming that it is possible sometimes that Florida is cheaper than Europe.
I agree that it can sometimes be cheaper to go to Florida. In 2017 we got flights for £241 each and a villa for £500 a week. This was Oct half term. We had to drive from Lancashire to Gatwick but we are always prepared to be flexible because we can only go on holiday if we can get it at the right price. Manchester flights are nearly always a lot more than London.

It is the tickets in Florida that are the killer and I am not sure we could go all that way and do no parks at all.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List