Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

When planning this years holiday we asked our DS if he wanted to be with his friends on results day and he said yes. I was gutted as we couldn't do our preferred Disney cruise and had to change plans but we agreed it was important to be here.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

The school my hubby teaches at will only give them to the student, they won’t post them or allow anyone else to collect them. He’s not sure whether it’s a school policy or exam board.

Might be worth checking what alternatives the school offers before deciding.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

DS gets his GCSE results this year. His girlfriend is on holiday & school are emailing her results to her Dad on results day.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were on this position four years ago because I am a crap planner. I just asked DS what he wanted. He wanted to walk to school and get his results so we came home a day earlier. Cost me a few quid but my mistake. I would have been happy as well to have them e mailed which the school agreed to do. . It was his day though so he got to choose. I’d ask your son and check what the school would agree to first anyway.
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dreamer1977
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We are away for results day this year

I gave DD the choice and she said she didn’t want to go to school and get them and would rather be away! Have phoned the school and they are emailing them on results day 😊
Dreamer1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Thank you everyone - we could fly back the day before, I was just trying to see if I could eek out an extra day, as we are thinking of going to Hawaii and it would be the difference between a day’s stopover on the way back or flying straight home.

But if it’s viewed as an important day, I guess I wouldn’t want him to miss it - I really can’t remember collecting mine at all! Lol!
What would you do if your flight home was delayed?

The day earlier is good insurance I’d say. (Though there were no options for us to fly home within day last time; that could have been because we flew home from Maui rather than HNL which has more options, though!)

I would not have wanted to miss collecting mine at the same time as my pals but it had basically no difference on what I did next so that was just spending the day celebrating with friends!

Edited at 11:47 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Our school was collect only. Best to find out the school policy on this.
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

We are not here on results day , my son is not the type to open them anyway in front of people so he won’t miss out on that . He is being emailed them - I did forgot it was results day when I booked the holiday but would have changed it if he was bothered . We weren’t here years ago for middle son either and my sister collected them it wasn’t a problem and he got to celebrate in the pool !
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Gosh I thought I was pretty clued up on the English system but obviously not. In Scotland we get texts, emails and then confirmed in the post later in the day.

I didn’t realise people had to go to school to get them! That obviously means senior management need to be in school too.
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by janeg88 View Post
Gosh I thought I was pretty clued up on the English system but obviously not. In Scotland we get texts, emails and then confirmed in the post later in the day.

I didn’t realise people had to go to school to get them! That obviously means senior management need to be in school too.
I think your way sounds better- not sure when it all started about collecting results as I am sure my eldest received his in the post. Not everyone wants to open them in front of everyone especially if you dont do as well as you had hoped. I found it bad enough opening my O level results (many moons ago)which were delivered by post and it was just me there ! No way I would have done that in front of others.