Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3
Excited about Disney

For Achilles tendinitis your best type of shoe will be something that has a slight wedge to the heel area.
Raising the heel will take the strain off the tendon. If your foot pronates when weight bearing, (ie. if your arch collapses), something with arch support can also help.
I would recommend Nike air max, or well fitting sandals with a good strap mid foot. Fitflops also as they tend to have a fairly rigid sole.
The worst type of shoe for your particular problem would be haviana type flip flops or Birkenstock’s as just too flat.
Goofy3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Crocs all the way!
Billy Beatnik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Merrells, fit flops Skechers
Old 13 Jul 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

I have plantar fascitis and Sketchers made it worse. I wear Teva in the parks as they can get wet so I can keep them on for water rides. I wear fitflops a lot of the time too. I've also recently got some Vionic sandals which are made specially for people with foot problems and they are great.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Your most knackered and comfy worn in trainers.
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I wore these everyday, so comfy, even when my feet were fat and swollen with the heat🤨
I got them on offer for £50, expensive for sandals but worth every penny, also stayed on during the rides

fitflop/uk/en/shop/t...dals-p-L36#001
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Crocs for me, I have 2 pairs of Skechers but find after a few hours my feet become sore so have abandoned these and back to my crocs.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

The reason your Achilles is worse with sketchers is the sole of the sketchers has no decent structure so when you walk in them the sole gives out under normal walking which then results in the inside aspect of your calf muscle working harder to compensate which by default puts more load in your Achilles’ tendon.

I would advise using a good pair of running trainers if you use sandals of any type your pain will be worse. As a temporary measure for the holiday only get a heel raise to make it easier but when the holiday ends make sure it is removed as this will delay Achilles recovery in the longer term.

Before you go you must continue to do your Achilles loading rehab plan as well as during the holiday. You can also look somthing called shockwave therapy but this is not available on the Nhs in most places so you will need to look privately for it.

Thank you to all those people again who use sketchers the foot problems that come from these are what allows me to buy all the nice things and holidays 😀😀😀

Edited at 09:09 AM.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I suffer with this too and find I need different types of shoe with me when doing any walking holidays... I try and alternate trainers and sketchers and heavenly feet and if somewhere cool a boot with a slight heel. I cant wear sandals or similar as my feet are silly sensitive. No matter what you wear try and remember to regularly stretch your calf which will definitely help... x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

For the first week I always wear thong havaianas this is primarily to get a nice colour in my feet.

The second week I’ll use comfort foot wear.

Adidas Ultra boost - by far the most comfortable shoe in the world.
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List