Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So. If some company is important I’d say SSR and OKW are poor recommendations to be honest. She would be much better in one of the deluxe resorts with a lobby area. Not the Polynesian the lobby is a zoo. Beach Club lobby lends itself to interaction and nice people watching. Grand Floridian even better. The lobby at Wilderness Lodge is a bit of an event in itself with the fireplace. AKL has lovely animal viewing areas even without a savannah view and the cast members also do interactive sessions there she could join in with. If you chose the Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht Club you basically give her access to three lobby’s and two lovely resort areas and EVC yourself access possibly to Epcot. There is a beautiful sun room at Beach Club. I used it for a few hour sessions last trip to go and plough through work e mails. For your particular needs I’d go Grand Floridian. Music in the lobby. Shops. Nice bar. Nice restaurants. Beautiful grounds. Fireworks from the hotel grounds. She will be well looked after by cast members in the public areas. Nice pool areas. Monorail access. My second choice for her would be the Beach Club. If you need a bit less costly I’d say AKL. Let us know what you choose!
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Beach club is just so leisurely and the surroundings are simply stunning - there is the beaches and cream too so delicious ice creams and milkshakes.
The pool is really big and so it might be nice to sit and watch there, also it is set on the lake and again, boats coming and going and so very near to Epcot International entrance.
The whole place around there is pretty flat and great for a motor scooter - Boardwalk is just over the lake and again a great place to window shop and grab a few treats too.
When I am older that's where I'd love to be

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Why don’t you let her stay with the family in a villa and if she doesn’t want to go to a park let her sit at the GF hotel or Beach club for a while. It seems granny may be best going on a Warner adult only holiday. Why pay out a load of money to go to Florida just to see the family for an hour or so a day and to sit in a foyer watching the world go by.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Granny would be overwhelmed staying in the villa with our lot, and she'd feel compelled to clean and cook for us and guilt if she wasn't doing that. She'd be happier in a hotel room and it would feel more like a holiday.

We hope Granny would want to join us at the parks everyday, which is the reason for renting the ECV, as she won't have the physical energy to walk much. There are days she wakes and doesn't feel good enough to go anywhere, so we want to make sure she has a lovely resort area where she can sit and still enjoy herself.

As she gets older, she is less confident and less interested in going on holiday alone. Granny would feel supported if we were nearby and she could join in on the fun on her own terms.

Going to look into the GF and the Beach and Yacht Club, as they all have beautiful grounds near the parks without the need for the bus for most parks. We will also get the DDP to make things simpler and keep the holiday feeling as much as possible. Not sure dates yet, but def 2020.

Thanks, all, for sharing your thoughts and advice. Big decision, so much appreciated.
Old 21 Jul 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
I'd say POR Riverside, its so picturesque, has lovely quiet pools, the restaurants/QS are all fab. They have rocking chairs to sit and watch the world go by. You can look at the boats docking at the resort. People riding bikes and horse and buggy rides. Nice shop as well. Because its very green and tranquil it feels a million miles away from the hectic Theme Parks. A
Any Moderate resort I think is good, as they all have water to sit by which is very relaxing and they do not attract the foot traffic of the Higher end hotels so they seem more peaceful.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Boardwalk has the most gorgeous seating area out the back of the lobby, looking out over the lake. I could sit there forever.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would say somewhere like the Beach Club, as you have the Boardwalk on hand with the boats , so plenty of different places to sit and watch the world go by

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dot View Post
if you can afford it i would say GF, i could sit in the lobby for days listening to the music. plenty of good places to eat on site, shops to have a walk around and the quiet pool has waiter service too so no need to move. so beautiful and relaxing. monorail also take the ECV so getting around is easy ( rooms can sleep 5 so it may not be as expensive as you think)
Would echo this about the lobby but insert Wilderness Lodge instead of GF! Could spend days on those sofas in the gorgeous lobby.
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List