Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Aug 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
Where is your DD going, my daughter is just starting 2nd year on triple threat at Chichester (at the bognor Regis campus) which is now a conservatoire.
She's doing Musical Theatre Performance at the Chichester campus. It's fantastic it's now a conservatoire that's really going to push up the number of applicants next year.

Edited at 09:31 AM.
Minicooper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
She's doing Musical Theatre Performance at the Chichester campus. It's fantastic it's now a conservatoire that's really going to push up the number of applicants next year.
Shame your DD isn't at the Bognor Regis campus as there is super accommodation around the corner my DD has a brand new studio flat, they are all students in the complex, she has been there for a couple of years now, I was thinking about 2nd year accommodation for your DD, which isn't far off really even though she hasn't started yet.
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Shame your DD isn't at the Bognor Regis campus as there is super accommodation around the corner my DD has a brand new studio flat, they are all students in the complex, she has been there for a couple of years now, I was thinking about 2nd year accommodation for your DD, which isn't far off really even though she hasn't started yet.
She has managed to get Catered ensuite on the Chichester Campus for her first year. She was originally given Fishbourne but found someone who wanted to swap. It may be worth looking at Bognor for her 2nd year as they have the Campus Bus and she will be having classes on both sites.
Old 29 Aug 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

She has managed to get Catered ensuite on the Chichester Campus for her first year. She was originally given Fishbourne but found someone who wanted to swap. It may be worth looking at Bognor for her 2nd year as they have the Campus Bus and she will be having classes on both sites.
DD said that student accommodation on the Chichester site is far superior to the Bognor campus, this is why she went straight into private student accommodation. The Musical theatre triple threat course has most of the contact time at the Bognor Regis campus and only one or two morning or afternoons at Chichester. DD starts 2nd year on 09/09/2019 and is straight into her show rehearsals for November. We are going up in November to see the shows at the Alexandra Theatre. DD said that the graduates this year did really well some had agents before the showcase in London and a lot appear to have secured jobs. I think you are right places will be very popular now that they are a conservatoire. Contact time is a minimum of 35hrs a week and increases each year. DD won't be coming home for reading week either as she will have rehearsals. All exciting stuff.
Old 29 Aug 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

DD said that student accommodation on the Chichester site is far superior to the Bognor campus, this is why she went straight into private student accommodation. The Musical theatre triple threat course has most of the contact time at the Bognor Regis campus and only one or two morning or afternoons at Chichester. DD starts 2nd year on 09/09/2019 and is straight into her show rehearsals for November. We are going up in November to see the shows at the Alexandra Theatre. DD said that the graduates this year did really well some had agents before the showcase in London and a lot appear to have secured jobs. I think you are right places will be very popular now that they are a conservatoire. Contact time is a minimum of 35hrs a week and increases each year. DD won't be coming home for reading week either as she will have rehearsals. All exciting stuff.
We have been following both of the Musical Theatre course groups on twitter as my daughters has some friends who are starting on Triple Threat in September and that was the course she was originally going to apply for and then changed her mind after the open day.

Both of the showcases got really good reviews and a lot seem to have either gone straight into work or got agents. DD has seen a copy of her timetable and and its definitely full on which is why she chose Chichester as she wanted the "Drama" school experience but really liked the idea of being at a university.

Good Luck to your daughter with her shows, I'm sure my daughter will be trying to get tickets
Old 29 Aug 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

We have been following both of the Musical Theatre course groups on twitter as my daughters has some friends who are starting on Triple Threat in September and that was the course she was originally going to apply for and then changed her mind after the open day.

Both of the showcases got really good reviews and a lot seem to have either gone straight into work or got agents. DD has seen a copy of her timetable and and its definitely full on which is why she chose Chichester as she wanted the "Drama" school experience but really liked the idea of being at a university.

Good Luck to your daughter with her shows, I'm sure my daughter will be trying to get tickets

Thank you. Message me later in the year if your DD decides to look for accommodation in Bognor Regis and I can give you info of where my DD lives, all bills wifi etc is included as well. Good luck to your DD, I may message you to let you know which part my DD gets in the show, all I know at the moment is that she is in 'Curtains'. Good luck to your daughter with her course, she will love it and it is a very nice place to live. If she has a bicycle if may be worth her taking it, it is nice and flat for cycling, my DD cycles everywhere she even has panniers for her shopping at Lidls lol.
Old 31 Aug 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover43
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 158
With just over 2 weeks to go I am trying to get a list of shopping together for DS. Top of the list is a new computer. What computers have all your children got ?
Old Key West August 2012
Port Orleans Riverside August 2014
NY/HRH and Beach Club July/Aug 2016
disneylover43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post

I am new to this. DS just finished GCSEs and going into 6th Form next week for A levels. When do you do University visits? Is it this autumn as in Yr12 or next autumn as in Yr13?

He knows what he wants to do, go into Police but now needs a degree or Apprentice degree to achieve this. What do you look for on these visits to make you choose them?

When I did Alevels I went through clearing and accepted a place at a Uni/College I hadn't seen and didn't know much about the course. I didn't do well studying ALevels and only passed 2 (got 2x Ds) but whet on to do an HND Business and Finance and eventually became AAT qualified (Accountancy).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneylover43 View Post
With just over 2 weeks to go I am trying to get a list of shopping together for DS. Top of the list is a new computer. What computers have all your children got ?
we bought an HP for my DD for college, so that will be going to uni with her. She finds it significantly slower than her macbook air, but its fine for college/uni work.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneylover43 View Post
We got our son a Mac for Uni. He’s says it’s the best thing we ever did. He’d always had none Apple PCs before. He uses it for everything. It’s still as good as new 2 years later. We also bought him a printer for his bedroom as he’s on a none campus Uni and he said that really helped too. Other things he’d say were top buys when he went into Halls (I’ve just asked him)...

Mattress topper.
Door hooks.
A small unit with a shelf and two pull out storage cubes. He didn’t have enough storage or anywhere for his TV/PS4!
Plastic box for toiletries. Was sharing a bathroom and stuff went missing if left in the bathroom 🙄 Slides. Another shared bathroom issue!
Extra pillows so the bed could be used to sit up in more like a sofa.
Bedside lamp.
Decent none stick wok.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List